eventide space black hole

Y0UNGBL00D

• Members

i have had no hardwire gas until recently when i saw the demo for the supernatural. even the color scheme is sexy. i was going to buy a cathedral. seriously reconsidering that, especially due to pedal space and the fact that i wouldnt really use some of the cath's extended features. presets are nice though. i really just need a nice plate and spring.

• Members

i have had no hardwire gas until recently when i saw the demo for the supernatural. even the color scheme is sexy. i was going to buy a cathedral. seriously reconsidering that, especially due to pedal space and the fact that i wouldnt really use some of the cath's extended features. presets are nice though. i really just need a nice plate and spring.

I have a Cathedral and am really having a difficult time not picking up the Supernatural. The demo's on it sound great!

If I were in your shoes, I would pick up the Supernatural - no diss to the Cathedral, I actually like it a lot but the apparent ease of use and sound quality on the Supernatural look very enticing.

• Members

So you have both the Space and the Supernatural now? Care to compare the two?

I do but I haven't used the Space in a while and the Super has only been with me for two or three days now.

That said, they both sound great and they both have their own nuances. The Space has so much potential that it could probably get just about any reverb (and a load of non reverb) sound imaginable, but I'm really enjoying the plug and play nature of the Super.

Honestly if I was making reverb the centerpiece of my sound I'd still be using the Space, but it was really overkill for my needs (subtle stuff and the typical shimmer sounds) and the Super can do everything I was using the Space for, is so much easier to tweak and power and takes up about a third the space.

I do really miss the presets, but I guess everything's a trade off.

Edit: also kinda miss the ability to set pre delay.

• Members

i would like to know why people buy quote/unquote "overkill" pedals & then complain about it later. if you know you can't Handle anything bigger than a single stompbox enclosure...it sorta begs the question...

Agreed. I am a bit disappointed with the Space though and have been quite vocal about it. I kinda expected it to be CRAZIER. It has some cool stuff but it could benefit from the addition of some more madness settings like the Mangled Verb, which i use a lot.

• Members

Agreed. I am a bit disappointed with the Space though and have been quite vocal about it. I kinda expected it to be CRAZIER. It has some cool stuff but it could benefit from the addition of some more madness settings like the Mangled Verb, which i use a lot.

WTF you actually agree w/ me you are literally the 1st person on the INTERNET to ever agree w/ me ever...

• Members

i would like to know why people buy quote/unquote "overkill" pedals & then complain about it later. if you know you can't Handle anything bigger than a single stompbox enclosure...it sorta begs the question...

I'm not complaining about it. The Space is great. I'm just using a smaller/ simpler board now and wanted to try something new. It was fun having a ton of options but I wasn't using a lot of them. Not bashing the Space, just trying something new :idk:

• Members

I use the Blackhole with all the verb (or as much as possible) dialed out as a good basic tap-tempo digital delay... it's nice with the highs rolled off and just a touch of the mod. In no way "analog" sounding, but very usable. The normal Blackhole preset, though? Godawful.

I agree that I wish some of the controls were a bit more... drastic.

• Members

Apologies for reviving a zombie thread, but I've been eyeing the Eventide Space for a few things:

- Your basic 'verbs.
- freaky, ambient sounds with a lot more control (appears to be a major complaint with the Supernatural)
- Line-out applications (using it with keyboards, vocals, etc.). I noticed you can switch it from guitar to line-level.

What are your thoughts on the Eventide Space? Is it a good buy for what I'm looking for? Do you have any other recommendations?

Thanks in advance. :)

Archived