Quick question on the DL-4's Looper

IRG

• Members

When using the looper on the DL-4, are the delays still operational too? So if you make a loop, can you make the loop with delay in it, and the after the loop is made, continue to use delays? Or is it a looper only, without the ability to use the delays. Hope this makes sense.

• Members

i've seen reggie watts loop while using the delay, but i'm not sure if it's restricted to a certain kind.

so at the very least, you can use a simple delay while looping. (don't know if you can use the analog or lofi or something at the same time)

• Members

Yep, you can loop while using delay. It's a basic digital delay (though it sounds very nice), and you can still change the time, feeback, level, and even modulation on the repeats with the controls while looping. I always keep mine in looper mode and simply bend down to quickly adjust delay settings if need be. It's one of the reasons I prefer it to the M9 - instead of holding down a button for 3 seconds and then cycling through presets, you can simply bend down and control the echo in real time while maintaining the ability to loop.

• Members

Ok, helpful. I'm demoing the new Flashback X4 right now. In looper mode, all the delays work as well, which I thought was very cool. I was expecting it I guess, to be either a delay, or a looping pedal, but not both. The looping features are simple, but effective. Works better than I expected.

• Members

Ah yes. These are different switches though, so maybe TCE listened to his "criticsm". Or maybe not. Either way, it's a pretty cool pedal. It's quite large, but give the looping and presets, somewhat understandable.

Archived