good deal? yay or nay. Record Player/speakers/cd player content

bluehuricane

• Members

I'd go with higher end separates, older pieces that are still good quality, this Pioneer matching stuff looks pretty low end to be honest. Not sure its even worth $100, that might be a bit high. Hard to find quality components for much less though.

Look for NAD, Cambridge Audio, Marantz, Denon, Yamaha - older or even newer, are usually higher quality. Some older Pioneer stuff is pretty good though, but not this so much. But give it a listen, see if all the functions work, if it sounds good, then hit it for $75 and see if he bites.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by bluehuricane

View Post

be helpful please?

The stuff in the listing you posted is junk. I would not buy it.

I also wouldn't run a record player into studio monitors. That sucks.

I'd increase my budget if I wanted anything halfway decent and no, I'm not being an audio snob because I'm not one.

• Members

I'm actually getting ready to start piecing together a stereo system and am looking on advice on what to get.

I'm mainly interested a record player and some way to plug in ipods/phones etc.

I'm definitely open, in fact would prefer, getting older components that suit my uses.

What all would you recommend me buying? Trying to keep this reasonable, but what is the most important area of a system like this? Where should I not skimp? I'm totally new to stereo's that aren't an all in one boom box {censored}.

Archived