Bass Synth / fuzz type pedals

r05c03

• Members

I am looking to put together a new effects chain for neglected bass rig. I have a Moogerfooger Ring Modulator. I am keeping that. I am getting rid of the Moogerfooger Freqbox. Basically right now I want a fuzz, a hardsync type distortion similar to the Freq box and good low pass filter. I might get a Moogerfooger Low pass filter because have several control voltage control pedals. I want suggestions on good bass synth / fuzz pedals that maybe even have some control voltage capability.

• Members

I had a Boss SYB-3 - super synthy noises, but difficult to dial in a nice usable tone.

While not super splatty or velcro-ey, I've discovered that the Mid-Fi Demo Tape Fuzz sounds incredible with bass. I think its nice because you have separate drive and volume knobs (the volume is way too loud to being with, so its nearly off), plus separate bass and treble controls to tailor the sound. Really keeps the low end intact, which most fuzzes seem to destroy.

• Members

I know this may sound funny, but the behringer bass synth is pretty awesome to my ears. With a reverb or delay, I get lost in it for hours. Excellent for $40.

Then, of course, theres the micro synth, which is just as immersing.

I also love love the dirt transmitter with the bias turned low on anything.

it sounds like the latter two (especially the last) may be more your thing per your description.

Archived