mini wah pedal...

NewRiggins

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by NewRiggins

View Post

Thanks for the replies guys. I guess I should have been more specific as to wanting your recommendations rather than asking if they exist, so as to avoid having to put any douches on my ignore list. Hell, it was damn near 3 am though.

I like that Chi Wah Wah's size, but yeah, used the wah parked myself a lot. In particular, we do a couple UFO tunes that I park it on. The Japanese Girl wah looks to be about perfect though. Anyone have any practical experience with it?

Thanks again for the positive responses.

I owned it for awhile. Nice sounding wah. Versatile. I ended up deciding I like the sound of the Ernie Ball more... it's a bit more subtle and better with dirt.

As far as parked tones go, it can do them just fine, but the tiny treadle does make it a little tricky. When you find the sweet spot, you almost always move it a little when taking your foot off. idn_smilie.gif

It's a great little pedal though.

A micro wah plus a something like a Dunlop Q Zone (or similar) would probably be a pretty cool setup. It would take almost as much space as a full-sized wah though... although you'd be able to spread it out differently since it's two small pedals instead of one big one. And you could leave the Q Zone set to a resonant frequency ala Mick Ronson or Michael Schenker and still wah over that if you wanted to... or quickly switch the fixed filter in and out without having to lose your settings, and while still being able to, as riff ie so eloquently put it, "get your pac man on" whenever you need to. smile.gif

• Members

The Wah Probe is a great sounding and fun pedal. I have a few pretty good wahs (Budda, Teese), but the WP gets most of the action. ZVEX put out a new vexter model so it's not only cheaper but also has new mix and volume knobs for more control of the sound. I think it runs about $200, but you could probably find it cheaper.

• Members

Thanks for the heads up, the vexter version is much more in my price range right now! I've been kind of a traditional hard rock player for so long I really want a change, so trying to be a little more adventurous with the pedals.

in the process of building a new board, will add it to the pedalboards thread when I'm done.

Archived