Fellow PC3x owners...

akliner

• Members

That's because they take up too much layers, I guess, which decreases poly. Notice that you have up to 32 layers per patch, and that's not enough for the whole orchestra. So they had to make separate programs to do it. Just combine strings, brass, percussion in Setup mode (and pray you have enough poly) and you'll be fine.

• Members

That's how my Roland A-80 feels if I play hard, but it's not terrible. They fixed that in the A-90... some 15 years ago.

Is that common to Fatar keybeds?

Yep. The Fatar keybeds are ok if you play lightly, but become a PITA as soon as you use some arm weight. I'm sure the old Rolands you're referring to feel much better.

• Members

Well, I'm sure it's not better on the Fatars. As I said, it feels like you're hitting concrete when you knock against the ridiculously hard material that stops the keys at bottom of keybed. After a while, it resonates through your finger joints, which is definitely not good.

One keybed I'm really curious to play or hear about is the 88-key RH3 graded action from Korg that they use on their new M-50 and others.

• Members

In fact I played an M50 two days ago. The keybed feels solid and good, especially for the price range. Felt a bit better than the TR88 they had next to it but not much. It could be they're equivalent and the TR88 was just a bit more beat up...

Now soundwise there's no comparison, the TR88 is very close to the M3 sonically (there was an M3 underneath the M50 which I played as well and :love: it) The TR88 sounded like it had samples from 1994 (and it probably does). The M50 doesn't quite sound exactly like an M3 - the M3 has a presence and depth to the sounds that could come from a better effects engine, or better effects, I don't know. Just sounded a step above.

• Members

Too bad it's not really working for you AKliner... I'm still loving mine, and I really like the action on it. It works out better for me than the Fusion 8HD. Not much keynoise also...

S90ES is still an amazing board too though, can't really go wrong with that..

• Members
Too bad it's not really working for you AKliner... I'm still loving mine, and I really like the action on it. It works out better for me than the Fusion 8HD. Not much keynoise also...

S90ES is still an amazing board too though, can't really go wrong with that..

Yeah, it's OK though. I can see how it can be somebody's dream board. It's just not for me.

The S90ES is a touch and interface I'm comfortable with. I've just been weary of buying one because I'm holding out hope for the S90XS.

:idk:

• Members
Yeah, it's OK though. I can see how it can be somebody's dream board. It's just not for me.

The S90ES is a touch and interface I'm comfortable with. I've just been weary of buying one because I'm holding out hope for the S90XS.

:idk:

Since you're mainly a piano-player, have you thought about the Kawai MP8II? Might be very interesting to you (it has a lovely feel, fairly heavy and real wooden keys :D).

Archived