BOTB12 - Best Vintage Board

Aristotle

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

First row:

jennings_hi-lo-boost_001.jpg

Jennings Hi-Lo Boost (Treble & Bass boost)

jennings_fuzz_001.jpg

Jennings Fuzz (like the Colorsound 1-knob Fuzz Box)

jennings_repeater_001.jpg

Jennings Repeater (choppy tremolo like the Vox Repeat Percussion)

(you can change settings by rotating that black disc)

faylon_f72-2_001.jpg

Faylon F72 Fuzz Machien (made in 1970, Faylon is a Belgian amp brand)

csl_powerboost_001.jpg

CSL Power Boost (made by Sola Sound / Colorsound)

I had to choose between the CSL and the Vox Power Boost

I didn't have time to make a more consistent board (like sticking to 1 country: UK/Germany/Italy/USSR/USA/...), I had to take what was nearby ;-)

• Members

While I love all the vintage pedals, it irritates the {censored} out of my semi-dormant OCD that most of these are not actually boards but collections of pedals on the floor.

I know.

I'm sorry.

I have loads of vintage pedals, and they all have velcro on the back and travel with me.

• Members

Fender&EHX just went next level though, a BLUE 5-knob DMM? C'mon! I used to own one but was forced to sell it and I think the guy who runs PGS bought it. I'm pretty sure it's in the Alter Ego video.

I bid on that DMM from melx's PC in Ryde in the Summer of 2008 when we went to the Roundhouse to see MBV. It was completely beat up and pock-marked. The seller said he wasn't even sure if it was working correctly. I ended up winning the eBay auction for $150. It just needed a couple of trimpots tweaked. It is easily the best sounding big box DMM I've ever played, and I've played several. Ah, the good 'ol days of eBaying :o

• Members

They show up on eBay every now and then, there's also the Growler fuzz that has a wah in it as well which you control with the swivel thing. They are getting pricey these days (but not as pricey as my pedals mad.gif ) The Hi-lo pedal is way rarer than the fuzzes though wink.gif Didn't you have the 3 switch Jennings filter pedal as well Discofreq?

Archived