Y0UNGBL00D

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Y0UNGBL00D

View Post

word. sounded kinda ghey coming out icon_lol.gif

brokenfixed: explain your method please?

sure...yeah Ive never kept a band long enough to build a crowd that would justify ordering a large number so I just got into stenciling. Which is sorta the poor man's screenprint. I get my design separated into whatever colors I'm using and cut each layer from overhead projector film. A little spray adhesive on the back and a mini roller with some screenprinting ink, and there ya go. You also reserve the right to wear your own band shirts...haha

03-PROGRESS.jpg

04-PROGRESS.jpg

• Members

View Post

word. sounded kinda ghey coming out icon_lol.gif

brokenfixed: explain your method please?

sure...yeah Ive never kept a band long enough to build a crowd that would justify ordering a large number so I just got into stenciling. Which is sorta the poor man's screenprint. I get my design separated into whatever colors I'm using and cut each layer from overhead projector film. A little spray adhesive on the back and a mini roller with some screenprinting ink, and there ya go. You also reserve the right to wear your own band shirts...haha

03-PROGRESS.jpg

04-PROGRESS.jpg

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by misterstomach

View Post

it's awesome to have some women's sizes

Good advice. My girl and her friends are always bitching about the lack of female/youth sizes when it comes to band tees. Not only will you satisfy the ladies, it's less bitching the guys have to hear from their girls about it and you sell more shirts. That's a Win-Win-Win situation right there.

Nice variety of designs and shirt colors is also solid advice. I've got far too many black tees, so many that I'll rarely buy one if it's black unless the design is astounding. I truly hate the heavyweight cotton tees as well. Go American Apparel or a similar brand, seems a few less expensive options are popping up now days. Those tri-blend tees are the best tho, I always buy those {censored}s!

• Members

View Post

it's awesome to have some women's sizes

Good advice. My girl and her friends are always bitching about the lack of female/youth sizes when it comes to band tees. Not only will you satisfy the ladies, it's less bitching the guys have to hear from their girls about it and you sell more shirts. That's a Win-Win-Win situation right there.

Nice variety of designs and shirt colors is also solid advice. I've got far too many black tees, so many that I'll rarely buy one if it's black unless the design is astounding. I truly hate the heavyweight cotton tees as well. Go American Apparel or a similar brand, seems a few less expensive options are popping up now days. Those tri-blend tees are the best tho, I always buy those {censored}s!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Schnikes

View Post

Good advice. My girl and her friends are always bitching about the lack of female/youth sizes when it comes to band tees. Not only will you satisfy the ladies...

And... us tiny guys. I'm a XS. Good luck getting your local band to print/stock/sell that. frown.gif

• Members

View Post

Good advice. My girl and her friends are always bitching about the lack of female/youth sizes when it comes to band tees. Not only will you satisfy the ladies...

And... us tiny guys. I'm a XS. Good luck getting your local band to print/stock/sell that. frown.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by turnip

View Post

we usually go with youth large, tends to satisfy both small ladies and tiny dudes, though i'm not sure how many we've sold to dudes, but ladies are often really stoked that they have them. sometimes i think people buy our t-shirts more because they are so excited that we have their size than because they actually liked us much.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by turnip

View Post

we usually go with youth large, tends to satisfy both small ladies and tiny dudes, though i'm not sure how many we've sold to dudes, but ladies are often really stoked that they have them. sometimes i think people buy our t-shirts more because they are so excited that we have their size than because they actually liked us much.

• Members

View Post

sometimes i think people buy our t-shirts more because they are so excited that we have their size than because they actually liked us much.

I know girls who've done this. It was likely a combo of cool shirt design/color and available size fueling that sale. Money in the bank!

As for the big dudes, I've seen many a sign at merch tables stating "2XL, 3XL SOLD OUT. Sorry". Def take those burly man sizes on the road for max profitability.

Get plenty of mediums too so I can snag one dudes. wink.gif

• Members

View Post

sometimes i think people buy our t-shirts more because they are so excited that we have their size than because they actually liked us much.

I know girls who've done this. It was likely a combo of cool shirt design/color and available size fueling that sale. Money in the bank!

As for the big dudes, I've seen many a sign at merch tables stating "2XL, 3XL SOLD OUT. Sorry". Def take those burly man sizes on the road for max profitability.

Get plenty of mediums too so I can snag one dudes. wink.gif

• Members

View Post

Nice variety of designs and shirt colors is also solid advice. I've got far too many black tees, so many that I'll rarely buy one if it's black unless the design is astounding.

this

View Post

I truly hate the heavyweight cotton tees as well. Go American Apparel or a similar brand, seems a few less expensive options are popping up now days. Those tri-blend tees are the best tho, I always buy those {censored}s!

this all day and all of the night. this this this

• Members

View Post

Nice variety of designs and shirt colors is also solid advice. I've got far too many black tees, so many that I'll rarely buy one if it's black unless the design is astounding.

this

View Post

I truly hate the heavyweight cotton tees as well. Go American Apparel or a similar brand, seems a few less expensive options are popping up now days. Those tri-blend tees are the best tho, I always buy those {censored}s!

this all day and all of the night. this this this

• Members

View Post

i would never do that, but please tell me what happened icon_lol.gif

Our singer decided to get some band shirts made, which we all figured would be fine since he does most of the marketing and promotion, does nice flyers, etc. Well, he decided on black shirts with white silk-screen; cool, keep the costs down with a single color, everyone likes black. That's where the coolness ended. The front of the shirt is an off-center ripoff of an album cover. He used a logo which we all said looked stupid and asked him to stop using months earlier. Then he took pictures of each of us playing at various gigs and had them thrown randomly on the back; you can't really tell it's us, because we are monochrome white silhouettes on black fabric, but just the idea of wearing a T shirt with my image on it smacks of pretentious douchebag. I've never worn it for anything but working out at my private gym. If its clean I'll dig it out of the drawer and take a pic for you - it's HORRIBLE! facepalm.gif

• Members

View Post

i would never do that, but please tell me what happened icon_lol.gif

Our singer decided to get some band shirts made, which we all figured would be fine since he does most of the marketing and promotion, does nice flyers, etc. Well, he decided on black shirts with white silk-screen; cool, keep the costs down with a single color, everyone likes black. That's where the coolness ended. The front of the shirt is an off-center ripoff of an album cover. He used a logo which we all said looked stupid and asked him to stop using months earlier. Then he took pictures of each of us playing at various gigs and had them thrown randomly on the back; you can't really tell it's us, because we are monochrome white silhouettes on black fabric, but just the idea of wearing a T shirt with my image on it smacks of pretentious douchebag. I've never worn it for anything but working out at my private gym. If its clean I'll dig it out of the drawer and take a pic for you - it's HORRIBLE! facepalm.gif

Archived