OT: New Blues Junior Day!

tronus

• Members

Thanks man!... even though it was more of a bitter sweet new amp day... followed by a new amp return day. Happy new amp day is on it's way though! smile.gif

HRD's are freaking sweet. I was tempted but I wanted something small and light. I grabbed this one for a practice amp that can be lugged from room to room easy. I'll definitely be using it as a grab and go but my grab and go sessions usually lead me to a room full of large and loud amps, drums, keys, PA, etc... I think the only grab and go purposes I'll get out of it are coffee house type settings or apartment practices/jams. Eventually, I'll probably end up in a lower volume group some day that I can use this amp with.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthearm

View Post

HNAD i have a HRD and i really want a blues jr for grab n' go. the HRD ends up being too loud for a lot of situations.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by tronus

View Post

Thanks man!... even though it was more of a bitter sweet new amp day... followed by a new amp return day. Happy new amp day is on it's way though! smile.gif

HRD's are freaking sweet. I was tempted but I wanted something small and light. I grabbed this one for a practice amp that can be lugged from room to room easy. I'll definitely be using it as a grab and go but my grab and go sessions usually lead me to a room full of large and loud amps, drums, keys, PA, etc... I think the only grab and go purposes I'll get out of it are coffee house type settings or apartment practices/jams. Eventually, I'll probably end up in a lower volume group some day that I can use this amp with.

yeah i'm not getting rid of the HRD. but for situations where i'm playing a stage with a full monitor system or very small intimate clubs the HRD has been hard to get usable volumes out of. for that matter i could probably get away with just the blues jr but i'm always afraid i'll need that extra volume one day.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by tronus

View Post

yeah i'm not getting rid of the HRD. but for situations where i'm playing a stage with a full monitor system or very small intimate clubs the HRD has been hard to get usable volumes out of. for that matter i could probably get away with just the blues jr but i'm always afraid i'll need that extra volume one day.

• Members

That's definitely a fear of mine... Being underpowered while the band blasts away. Keep an eye out for the Bad Cat Unleash to be released some day now. It goes between the amp and the cab and acts like the opposite of an attenuator... You just turn a dial and it goes up in wattage all the way up to 100 watts. You can even use it like an attenuator and go below your amps wattage... PLUS it has an effects loop built into it. Pretty dang neat!

View Post

• Members

That's definitely a fear of mine... Being underpowered while the band blasts away. Keep an eye out for the Bad Cat Unleash to be released some day now. It goes between the amp and the cab and acts like the opposite of an attenuator... You just turn a dial and it goes up in wattage all the way up to 100 watts. You can even use it like an attenuator and go below your amps wattage... PLUS it has an effects loop built into it. Pretty dang neat!

View Post

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Aristotle

View Post

Get your {censored} together Fender. Look how many people have problems with your new amps and when it comes to guitars even Gibson is wiping the floor with your ass in the quality/price ratio.

Can't really comment about the amps, but every Fender guitar I've tried has been infinitely more playable than some of the Gibsons lately. (There have been a few really nice Gibsons, but I'd be more confident ordering a Fender blind than a Gibson.)

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Aristotle

View Post

Get your {censored} together Fender. Look how many people have problems with your new amps and when it comes to guitars even Gibson is wiping the floor with your ass in the quality/price ratio.

Can't really comment about the amps, but every Fender guitar I've tried has been infinitely more playable than some of the Gibsons lately. (There have been a few really nice Gibsons, but I'd be more confident ordering a Fender blind than a Gibson.)

Archived