expression pedals... what say you?

spoonie g

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by spoonie g

View Post

I wonder if you can use the FV500L to control two effects by expression pedal (looks like the mission sp-2 is made specifically for that). And the ernie ball can be used as an expression pedal?

depends on your gear/expression inputs... Line6 is for example is a complete different animal with a different wiring. the most epxression inputs needs a lower impedance... the ernie ball volume jr 25k is the way to go... + TRS cable. same with the boss... there is a L version for low impedance and a H version for high impedance.

• Members

View Post

I wonder if you can use the FV500L to control two effects by expression pedal (looks like the mission sp-2 is made specifically for that). And the ernie ball can be used as an expression pedal?

depends on your gear/expression inputs... Line6 is for example is a complete different animal with a different wiring. the most epxression inputs needs a lower impedance... the ernie ball volume jr 25k is the way to go... + TRS cable. same with the boss... there is a L version for low impedance and a H version for high impedance.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by The Villano Dude

View Post

Anyone know the answer?

The answer is simply that they can't. I had this very issue when I wanted to get a Mission SP-2 to control both a Line 6 M9 or EHX HOG. After a few emails exchanged back and forth with Mission, they told me with a single pot wouldn't properly match impedance to both pedals and I'd be best to get separate expression pedals for each (which led me to the L6 one that I eventually got and sold the HOG). You'd be best to use their dual pedals with things that are compatible with the same type of expression pot.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by The Villano Dude

View Post

Anyone know the answer?

The answer is simply that they can't. I had this very issue when I wanted to get a Mission SP-2 to control both a Line 6 M9 or EHX HOG. After a few emails exchanged back and forth with Mission, they told me with a single pot wouldn't properly match impedance to both pedals and I'd be best to get separate expression pedals for each (which led me to the L6 one that I eventually got and sold the HOG). You'd be best to use their dual pedals with things that are compatible with the same type of expression pot.

• Members

View Post

The Ernie Ball is mono, like the Line 6. The Source Audio dual expression pedal is TRS (like the Moog, Boss, Roland, and M-Audio), and has two 50k pots (same value as the Moog), one of which can be dialed down with the range knob.

• Members

View Post

The Ernie Ball is mono, like the Line 6. The Source Audio dual expression pedal is TRS (like the Moog, Boss, Roland, and M-Audio), and has two 50k pots (same value as the Moog), one of which can be dialed down with the range knob.

Archived