65 Princeton RI ...OR... '68 Bandmaster? ...decisions, decisions...

delayed delay

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The Bandmaster is all headroom - I can't get mine over about 3 and it's not even close to breaking up. I can't imagine how loud it would be if I cranked it. Perfect pedal platform, classic BF tone - really cuts through the mix. If you want crunchy amp distortion, though, go with the PRRI.

• Members

The Bandmaster is all headroom - I can't get mine over about 3 and it's not even close to breaking up. I can't imagine how loud it would be if I cranked it. Perfect pedal platform, classic BF tone - really cuts through the mix. If you want crunchy amp distortion, though, go with the PRRI.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by echodeluxe

View Post

Bf and SF bandmasters are awesome. But the bandmaster reverb is a whole different beast altogether.

What is different about the sound of a Bandmaster Reverb as opposed to a regular Bandmaster, reverb aside? I ask because I'm going to check out an early 70's Bandmaster Reverb this weekend that's for sale locally. I'm interested in the BM Reverb because I've read such glowing accounts of regular Bandmaster's, and I assumed they were essentially the same sound.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by echodeluxe

View Post

Bf and SF bandmasters are awesome. But the bandmaster reverb is a whole different beast altogether.

What is different about the sound of a Bandmaster Reverb as opposed to a regular Bandmaster, reverb aside? I ask because I'm going to check out an early 70's Bandmaster Reverb this weekend that's for sale locally. I'm interested in the BM Reverb because I've read such glowing accounts of regular Bandmaster's, and I assumed they were essentially the same sound.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Friendly

View Post

Cleaner, if you can imagine. Really loud. Good sounding but they sound a bit different.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Friendly

View Post

Cleaner, if you can imagine. Really loud. Good sounding but they sound a bit different.

Archived