Why would you want a Tonebender when you can have a Buzzaround?

Burg

Those things definitly sounds great. Personally I think the MK I is more of a fuzz, the Buzzaround sounds fantastic but very much like a distortion...

Thanks for making and posting the vids. And to answer your initial question:

You can never have enough fuzz, right?
;)

Son, you can never have too much fuzz. Write that down so you don't forget it. :idea::wave:

• Members

Sounds like some nice pedals there. As a suggestion, maybe consider getting a page created elsewhere. MySpace pages always look to me like a 3rd grader was let loose with a graphics program...and with no training. Something as simple as a Google Sites page with pictures, links to demos and PRICES. No cost involved.

Welcome to the forum, Shaun. You may not like forums, but they can a pedal builder's best friend.

• Members

Hey Guys!

I'm working on getting a site going, hoping it can be up and running within the week. Be able to show you all the little goodies i have laying around.

I really enjoying building pedals for people and hearing what they think of them, i'm not sure if distributors might take that away a little. Plus its good to know who your building a pedal for and what they like. I guess thats whats cool about making things in smaller numbers.

• Members

Klinger, if you can arrange at least one US distributor, that could help save some money on shipping across the pond, export taxes, etc. There are many pedals I have personally been interested in from European makers, but the extra costs of USD-to-Euro conversion, taxes and shipping made the propositions just too expensive. I understand that is a problem in reverse, as well.

Hey Guys!

I'm working on getting a site going, hoping it can be up and running within the week. Be able to show you all the little goodies i have laying around.

I really enjoying building pedals for people and hearing what they think of them, i'm not sure if distributors might take that away a little. Plus its good to know who your building a pedal for and what they like. I guess thats whats cool about making things in smaller numbers.

I see where you're coming from, and I think I can understand that desire to be connected with the people who use your pedals directly... it's just makes things a bit more difficult for us here in the USA to access you and your products. I know.... the situation is usually reversed, and the Kiwis and Aussies are the ones who normally have it tough when it comes to getting products, so I'll quit my wining now... ;)

Welcome to the forums. :wave: Nice work on the pedals -- the demos sound really good!

• Members

Hey burgs, how do you feel about the prs you've been rocking? I've seen you using it a lot lattely is it that good? does it compare to your LP?

I love it. It's definitely the best built guitar I've ever owned and super versatile with the three pickups and switching options. It's a classy looking beast, too. Too classy for the likes of me!

I always associated PRS with the serious prog-rock stuff and took little notice of them for that reason (I'm not really a fan of that genre but I am partial to more than a little Opeth). But after a local distro put this one into my hands it became immediately apparent that I'd been depriving myself of something cool. So now I'm a 'PRS Artist' and proud of it.

The Studio won't do a perfect Strat, Tele or Les Paul, but it can park right up next to all of them and it plays like butter. The scale length is just between short and long and is very comfortable. The neck profile is what they call 'Pattern Thin' which seems to suit me perfectly. It has serious and tight bottom end due no doubt to its fixed neck and mahogany/maple construction. High notes are loud, proud and chimey and the tremolo stays in tune. It's quite light, too, which is great for someone like me with a fragile back. I can't fault it, really. Expensive? Yes, but I feel that you definitely get what you pay for in this case.

If I could change anything about it I would probably opt for less gloss and get them to do me the same guitar with a thin nitro finish on the body and an oiled neck, Charvel Custom Shop style. I'd extend the push/pull bridge pickup split facility (Tone knob) to the other middle and neck pickups as well. Aside from that, all I get is smiles of approval from my fellow band members and lusty looks from other guitarists in the audience and (presumably) Youtube. I'm happy!

• 1 year later...

Archived