Aluminum Falcon- Why Do I Think I Want One?

Player99

• Members

I have always liked the Klon clips, and the AF is supposed to be really close. I am going to get an AF from the next batch, they are $209 + $24 shipping + 13% taxes = about $263.

The AF 2 is the one I am waiting for. It is in a smaller case, has all top mount, a true bypass / buffer switch and a bass switch.

That is so much money and I already have about 10 od's. But I don't think the real new Klon will be out soon so should I pull the trigger on it?

[video=youtube;07cAMy03emQ]

[video=youtube;VAhkNYj8OvY]

• Members

What kind of asshole is charging $24 for shipping?

I did question him on the shipping. I think when you check online with USPS they have a simple way that is their premium cost method, but if you are a little more diligent it can be half that price. I am in Canada. It is hand delivered on dog sled...

• Members

I know Aaron was selling boards a while back. I'll probably have some spares soon. It's not a very complicated build and I can point you in the right direction as far as diodes go. FWIW, you can buy all the parts in the Aluminum Falcon, including case/jacks/switch for $30.

• Members

I know Aaron was selling boards a while back. I'll probably have some spares soon. It's not a very complicated build and I can point you in the right direction as far as diodes go. FWIW, you can buy all the parts in the Aluminum Falcon, including case/jacks/switch for $30.

So what about the true bypass switch and bass switch?

What else can you tell me?

Can it not all fit in an MXR sized box?

• Members

Bass switch is one cap switched in parallel with another. The true bypass switch is taken straight from the Klon thread on FSB. The cap switch needs an SPDT, the true bypass switch needs a 3PDT.

I have a 3dpt or 2... what about pots?

• Members

Ok. You've already got redundancy covered then. Move on?

There is something about the Klon though... kinda like wanting to {censored} the local bar slut.

You have {censored}ed all her friends, but you still want to take a run at her.

• Members

FreeStompBoxes.org

I started looking there. I would be able to assemble, but when I go to buy parts locally they only sell in bags with quantities so it adds up. Where does someone get just what they need?

Archived