broken dod supra

Urinate Forever

• Members

Yep. Been there. That's why it's good to have some extra wire around in case the original wire gets too short.

Also, be careful with the solder nodes (the points where the connection occurs) not getting too much solder to the point where the solder is connecting with other nodes. That can be a pain too, especially when components are very close together.

i dont understand, care to explain with pix?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'll try to post some pics tomorrow. I'm about to retire for the night.

Also, in order to fix the switch, you're also going to need an allen wrench to remove the plate. If you don't have a set, this is the size you'll need:
http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=3%2F32+allen+wrench
http://www.tippmannparts.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=49

• Members

Ok here is the probelm with your DoD, The plug for the power supply that you said was moving around inside.
This must be soldered back if possible. This acts as a gateway and makes a complete connection with the resistors it is mounted to. If you can't solder it back, flip over the board and solder a wire from the contacts that the plugs was mounted to. (Solder from one to the other). You can do a simple check by putting in a battery, and jumping the 2 contacts together with a small screw driver, Your light should work if you have the right solder joints arced together.

This fix will work but will only work with battery, if you cannot solder the plug back in place.

Good luck!

• Members

morning mate, glad to hear it going ok, if nothing else you are learning, if you {censored} it all up it doesn't really matter as it was knackerd anyway, but it will give you a bit of confidence next time a wire comes off somewhere. :thu:

• Members

yeah, i forgot to get that when i went out to the hardware store.

I'm worried that there won't be a thin enough nut though, it barely sticks out the hole as it is. :-

I bought the pot last night too, so that should be here preh soon.

I live near a surplus parts store. I might go in tomorrow. If I see the right size nut, I can send it to you in the mail if you want. Just PM me your mailing address.

• Members

I live near a surplus parts store. I might go in tomorrow. If I see the right size nut, I can send it to you in the mail if you want. Just PM me your mailing address.

meh, i have a hardware store with a thousand different kinds of parts. I can probably find the right size and height. I might need to take the piece in though, that'd be awkward carrying around a broken distortion pedal, "I NEED A NUT 4 THIS CAN U HELP ME???"

• 5 years later...

Archived