Speaker Choice

jorhay1

• Members

Hey guys,

maybe you could help me out with a choice I have to make.

I have a 64 Blackface Bassman with matching cab.

I want to put Jensen C12Ns in it. (the original speaker for the cab)

Should I go with re-issuse Jensen C12Ns or Weber 12F150s?

I cant afford vintage C12Ns but am open to other suggestions.

Thanks!

I have a C10R in my '71 Princeton. I put it in because I could grab one locally, and as I was restoring the amp, I needed something I could test it with (the stock Oxford was torn) - and the Jensen was cheap, so I grabbed it and threw it in, with the intention of eventually replacing it with the 10" version of that very Weber you mentioned...

I still haven't gotten around to replacing it. While it's no match for a vintage Jensen, the "reissue" (sic) that I have is not a bad sounding speaker at all IMO. If it's just as easy to get one as the other, or if you can wait (assuming the Weber may take a bit to make - I'm not sure what their turn-around time is ATM), I'd probably go with the Weber - it's probably truer to the originals... but the new Jensens aren't bad at all in an old Fender.

• Members

Phil O'Keefe wrote:

I have a C10R in my '71 Princeton. I put it in because I could grab one locally, and as I was restoring the amp, I needed something I could test it with (the stock Oxford was torn) - and the Jensen was cheap, so I grabbed it and threw it in, with the intention of eventually replacing it with the 10" version of that very Weber you mentioned...

I still haven't gotten around to replacing it. While it's no match for a vintage Jensen, the "reissue" (sic) that I have is not a bad sounding speaker at all IMO. If it's just as easy to get one as the other, or if you can wait (assuming the Weber may take a bit to make - I'm not sure what their turn-around time is ATM), I'd probably go with the Weber - it's probably truer to the originals... but the new Jensens aren't bad at all in an old Fender.

Thanks,

I think I'll take your advice and go with the Webz

Archived