Direct input or effects loop or both?

Telecruiser

• Members

In the front of the amp, wah, volume pedal, boosts, od's, eq, compression, noise gate.. In the loop, boosts, time based effects such as tremolo, chorus, phase, flange, delay, reverb... Volume pedal, eq pedal, noise gate, compressor...

As you can see, I repeated some of these.. There really isnt a right, or wrong way, just general guidlines.. Try it, if you dont like it, switch it.. Just like some effects pedals dont play nice next to each other, so u have to switch them around.. have fun with it.. Heres how I run my board:

Xotic ep booster > isp decimator G string > morely little alligator volume pedal > boss tu2 > Tim > Ocd V3 > front of amp.... From the loop out into the second half of the Isp Decimator G string > Xotic ep booster > Hardwire chorus > voodoo labs tremolo > mxr carbon copy > digitech timebender > bbe sonic stomp > back into the effects loop.. Works perfect for me

• Members

None of my amps have effects loops so I put everything out front.  However, given the option, I would still put everything out front (which is why I don't have any amps with a loop) because I like the sound of the preamp to add a cohesive saturation to everything rather than having things turn on and off after the preamp and change the overall tonality a lot.

That and I like the sounds of delays and reverbs better if there's a little overdrive after them in most cases.

Archived