Post The Best Thing You've Seen On The Internet Today - Part III

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by eti

View Post

Let's compare that to a real 1969 festival:

On September 13, 1969, The Plastic Ono Band, i.e., Clapton, Lennon, future Yes drummer Alan White and former Manfred Mann bassist Klaus Voorman, who in 1966 designed the album cover for The Beatles' "Revolver," flew from London to Toronto, where they surprised more than 20,000 fans at the Toronto Rock and Roll Revival by performing an unannounced, surprise set along with the previously-announced Bo Diddley, Little Richard, Jerry Lee Lewis, Chuck Berry, Gene Vincent, Cajun fiddler Doug Kershaw, Alice Cooper, Chicago, Junior Walker & The All-Stars, Tony Jo White, Cat Mother & The All-Night News Boys, and The Doors.

Or, heck, Woodstock: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woodsto...orming_artists

I'm kind of partial to the lineup at the Festival Express Tour: Janis Joplin, The Band, Grateful Dead, Delaney & Bonnie & Friends, Buddy Guy, Flying Burrito Brothers, New Riders of the Purple Sage, Mountain, Ten Years After, Traffic, Ian & Sylvia, Mashmakhan, Seatrain, Great Speckled Bird, Tom Rush, Eric Anderson, the Ides of March, James and the Good Brothers, and Sha Na Na, who somehow also got featured at Woodstock.

To be fair, this tour was summer of '70.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by eti

View Post

Let's compare that to a real 1969 festival:

On September 13, 1969, The Plastic Ono Band, i.e., Clapton, Lennon, future Yes drummer Alan White and former Manfred Mann bassist Klaus Voorman, who in 1966 designed the album cover for The Beatles' "Revolver," flew from London to Toronto, where they surprised more than 20,000 fans at the Toronto Rock and Roll Revival by performing an unannounced, surprise set along with the previously-announced Bo Diddley, Little Richard, Jerry Lee Lewis, Chuck Berry, Gene Vincent, Cajun fiddler Doug Kershaw, Alice Cooper, Chicago, Junior Walker & The All-Stars, Tony Jo White, Cat Mother & The All-Night News Boys, and The Doors.

Or, heck, Woodstock: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woodsto...orming_artists

I'm kind of partial to the lineup at the Festival Express Tour: Janis Joplin, The Band, Grateful Dead, Delaney & Bonnie & Friends, Buddy Guy, Flying Burrito Brothers, New Riders of the Purple Sage, Mountain, Ten Years After, Traffic, Ian & Sylvia, Mashmakhan, Seatrain, Great Speckled Bird, Tom Rush, Eric Anderson, the Ides of March, James and the Good Brothers, and Sha Na Na, who somehow also got featured at Woodstock.

To be fair, this tour was summer of '70.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by pbone

View Post

Hey Lou, how's the band these days? Open up for tame impala yet?

Haha, i wish dude! Played a huge festival over new years on the same bill as the flaming lips though.....

I'm playing in a few different bands at the moment, my old high school bands are pretty much done now... a bit sad. A lot of hectic {censored} happens between 18 and 20 something....

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by pbone

View Post

Hey Lou, how's the band these days? Open up for tame impala yet?

Haha, i wish dude! Played a huge festival over new years on the same bill as the flaming lips though.....

I'm playing in a few different bands at the moment, my old high school bands are pretty much done now... a bit sad. A lot of hectic {censored} happens between 18 and 20 something....

Archived