The Doom Room: HCFX Edition

• Replies 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient

View Post

TJ!!!! I need your help!!!! I bought a neck off ebay and when it arrived a couple frets were unseated on the treble side, how i do get them reseated with out breaking or damaging anything? Rubber mallet and some careful whacking (facepalm.gif)?

frown.gif bummer man.

Can you push them down by hand but they spring up? Or are they just sticking out and unmoveable?

DRUDEN is badass!!

• Members

View Post

TJ!!!! I need your help!!!! I bought a neck off ebay and when it arrived a couple frets were unseated on the treble side, how i do get them reseated with out breaking or damaging anything? Rubber mallet and some careful whacking (facepalm.gif)?

frown.gif bummer man.

Can you push them down by hand but they spring up? Or are they just sticking out and unmoveable?

DRUDEN is badass!!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by AngryGoldfish

View Post

I saw that Mantra in the spam thread. It caught my eye. I've always been on the lookout for one, but as I said above, there always seem to be something else that crops up that I want more.

The mantra I'm trading for is from a deal on ilf / TB for my tectonic shift, plus he's throwing some cash on top. With my custom OCDs being built I don't necessarily need it but I want to give it a try and probably will keep it around for other projects.

Quote Originally Posted by humancertainty

View Post

Just wanted to add to the Mantra talk that the Mantra replaced my OCD.

I noticed u said that.... I'm really interested to try it in place of my OCD. Soon ill have a regular OCD, a higher gain OCD, a bass voiced OCD w/ bax stack eq, and a mantra. Ill have to post a mega shoot out facepalm.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by AngryGoldfish

View Post

I saw that Mantra in the spam thread. It caught my eye. I've always been on the lookout for one, but as I said above, there always seem to be something else that crops up that I want more.

The mantra I'm trading for is from a deal on ilf / TB for my tectonic shift, plus he's throwing some cash on top. With my custom OCDs being built I don't necessarily need it but I want to give it a try and probably will keep it around for other projects.

View Post

Just wanted to add to the Mantra talk that the Mantra replaced my OCD.

I noticed u said that.... I'm really interested to try it in place of my OCD. Soon ill have a regular OCD, a higher gain OCD, a bass voiced OCD w/ bax stack eq, and a mantra. Ill have to post a mega shoot out facepalm.gif

• Members

A plastic/rubber hammer should do the trick. If theyre springy you gotta wick some thin viscosity CA into the end and clamp it, and clean up while its clamped, might be a lil squeezeout. CA remover is king. very simple. dont leave that stuff around though your wife will get mad at you and glue your dingus to your stomach then youre {censored}ed...

• Members

A plastic/rubber hammer should do the trick. If theyre springy you gotta wick some thin viscosity CA into the end and clamp it, and clean up while its clamped, might be a lil squeezeout. CA remover is king. very simple. dont leave that stuff around though your wife will get mad at you and glue your dingus to your stomach then youre {censored}ed...

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by christianatl

View Post

Met Conky at Neurosis tonight. He is awesome.

As you were.

Likewise, my friend

View Post

I'm critical as {censored}, and I expect a lot from Neurosis but…

1324961194079.jpg

This.

Quote Originally Posted by misterstomach

View Post

for those interested, my band, druden, has updated our website. we previously had our demo streaming, and still do, but if you want, you can also download it for free now or order a cd if you really really want one. http://druden.net/listen/

also, if anyone is going to be at the neurosis show in seattle, i will be doing merch for neurosis, so come to the table and say hi. and, if anyone is headed up there from portland, pm me if you're interested in carpooling. i'd rather not drive my beat up pickup truck up there and would be happy to throw in some gas money to get up there, although i have to be there a good while before doors open.

Brann from Mastodon was doing merch for them the other night. Talked to him for a minute and he remembered me from a show that my old band played with them well over 6 years ago. Dude has an excellent memory. Also, I'll definitely be picking up a cd as soon as I get more money after buying my wife's birthday present.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam

View Post

That's interesting that they played so many old songs. When they play in the Bay Area they rarely play most of those which I actually really appreciate because I hate when bands become their own tribute band. Looks like a great set. I hope beyond hope that with that Josh dude (guy that does the visuals) leaving they go back to Pete Inc or someone with a similar style.

I read that they were going to abandon live visuals all together. If they did do them again though I hope Pete Inc comes back because the live videos of them on youtube with him doing visuals are amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by t-rey

View Post

I expected nothing less. Conky is good people.

Ditto mang!

Also, I filmed this but it is kinda shaky because I was moving the whole time they played this song.

I couldn't really tell but from where I was standing it looked like Scott Kelly had one of those big ass Boss Tuners.

• Members

View Post

Met Conky at Neurosis tonight. He is awesome.

As you were.

Likewise, my friend

View Post

I'm critical as {censored}, and I expect a lot from Neurosis but…

1324961194079.jpg

This.

Quote Originally Posted by misterstomach

View Post

for those interested, my band, druden, has updated our website. we previously had our demo streaming, and still do, but if you want, you can also download it for free now or order a cd if you really really want one. http://druden.net/listen/

also, if anyone is going to be at the neurosis show in seattle, i will be doing merch for neurosis, so come to the table and say hi. and, if anyone is headed up there from portland, pm me if you're interested in carpooling. i'd rather not drive my beat up pickup truck up there and would be happy to throw in some gas money to get up there, although i have to be there a good while before doors open.

Brann from Mastodon was doing merch for them the other night. Talked to him for a minute and he remembered me from a show that my old band played with them well over 6 years ago. Dude has an excellent memory. Also, I'll definitely be picking up a cd as soon as I get more money after buying my wife's birthday present.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam

View Post

That's interesting that they played so many old songs. When they play in the Bay Area they rarely play most of those which I actually really appreciate because I hate when bands become their own tribute band. Looks like a great set. I hope beyond hope that with that Josh dude (guy that does the visuals) leaving they go back to Pete Inc or someone with a similar style.

I read that they were going to abandon live visuals all together. If they did do them again though I hope Pete Inc comes back because the live videos of them on youtube with him doing visuals are amazing.

View Post

I expected nothing less. Conky is good people.

Ditto mang!

Also, I filmed this but it is kinda shaky because I was moving the whole time they played this song.

I couldn't really tell but from where I was standing it looked like Scott Kelly had one of those big ass Boss Tuners.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by The Wood Wizard

View Post

I just tried the rubber mallet, I think they were glued in with out being properly seated, theres a gap between the fretboard and the entire bottom of the 14th fret... I will probably take it to a local luthier and have them reinstall the 4 frets and double check all the rest of them. If it's cheap enough I'll just go that route.

• Members

View Post

I just tried the rubber mallet, I think they were glued in with out being properly seated, theres a gap between the fretboard and the entire bottom of the 14th fret... I will probably take it to a local luthier and have them reinstall the 4 frets and double check all the rest of them. If it's cheap enough I'll just go that route.

• Members

View Post

I never had much success with them, no clarity IMO.

Well, I don't know that I'd ever use something like that as a main dirt, more as a flavor pedal for accents in certain part. Would you care to elaborate on why it wasn't a success?

Quote Originally Posted by BoomB

View Post

Hello Doom Room!

I've been watching this thread for a long long time and it's time to participate!hehehe!

Hope to learn even more with you now and meet nice people and awesome bands!

Here's my rig:

10hmtl4.jpg

Fuzz & Love for you all \m/

Holy {censored} your rig is awesome. It's very very close to what I'd like my live rig to eventually be except with a couple Orange 4x12's instead of 2x12's. Welcome and thanks for showing off that sick rig!

Quote Originally Posted by DeathIVIonkey

View Post

So, I found another 2x15 seller. I picked it up last night. Merry Christmas to me!

Opened up the back, has one celestion sidewinder, and one Eminence Delta 15B. i wish they were both sidewinders (i am in love with that speaker ever since i got my hex) but it sounded sooooo clean last night when i was playing it through the guys set up. Now i am just debating whether or not to strip the tolex and stain it to match the rest of my all wood setup.

20121230215136305.jpg

Also, i decided to put my ridiculous chemistry degrees to use on something besides birth control drugs (yes, thats what i do for a living) and started learning to etch pedals. these were my first three.

The Demon Buer: (click for detail)

number003croppeddg.th.jpg

Odin Riding Sleipnir: ( i know this one is rough, it was the most detailed image, and i was trying to get a feel for how detailed you could go.)

number002cropped.th.jpg

Converge artwork, cause why not (and i wanted to try to do the reverse etching)

number001cropped.th.jpg

Dude you either gotta tell me how to do that etching or would you be willing to do a couple pedals for me if I shipped them to you? Seriously that's sick.

• Members

View Post

I never had much success with them, no clarity IMO.

Well, I don't know that I'd ever use something like that as a main dirt, more as a flavor pedal for accents in certain part. Would you care to elaborate on why it wasn't a success?

Quote Originally Posted by BoomB

View Post

Hello Doom Room!

I've been watching this thread for a long long time and it's time to participate!hehehe!

Hope to learn even more with you now and meet nice people and awesome bands!

Here's my rig:

10hmtl4.jpg

Fuzz & Love for you all \m/

Holy {censored} your rig is awesome. It's very very close to what I'd like my live rig to eventually be except with a couple Orange 4x12's instead of 2x12's. Welcome and thanks for showing off that sick rig!

Quote Originally Posted by DeathIVIonkey

View Post

So, I found another 2x15 seller. I picked it up last night. Merry Christmas to me!

Opened up the back, has one celestion sidewinder, and one Eminence Delta 15B. i wish they were both sidewinders (i am in love with that speaker ever since i got my hex) but it sounded sooooo clean last night when i was playing it through the guys set up. Now i am just debating whether or not to strip the tolex and stain it to match the rest of my all wood setup.

20121230215136305.jpg

Also, i decided to put my ridiculous chemistry degrees to use on something besides birth control drugs (yes, thats what i do for a living) and started learning to etch pedals. these were my first three.

The Demon Buer: (click for detail)

number003croppeddg.th.jpg

Odin Riding Sleipnir: ( i know this one is rough, it was the most detailed image, and i was trying to get a feel for how detailed you could go.)

number002cropped.th.jpg

Converge artwork, cause why not (and i wanted to try to do the reverse etching)

number001cropped.th.jpg

Dude you either gotta tell me how to do that etching or would you be willing to do a couple pedals for me if I shipped them to you? Seriously that's sick.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by riff ie

View Post

O, hells' yes...

View Post

Welcome!

:

Thank you guys smile.gif

View Post

It doesn't have a ton of gain. I wouldn't use it for my only dirt pedal in Indian, for example, but it stacks well.

Indian? goddamn!! Thank you for putting out "Guiltless", such a massive record! I've listened to it like 17265412635471 times|

Quote Originally Posted by samzadgan

View Post

welcome, and very nice rig. I am jealous of that Hiwatt head...they are amazing sounding amps.

View Post

Yep, you'll fit right in. Welcome wave.gif

Thank you both smile.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Van_Muddlestein

View Post

Thanks smile.gif I want to keep the "hiwatt" 2x12 , but the laney is out if I get an Emperor cab! hehehe!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by riff ie

View Post

O, hells' yes...

View Post

Welcome!

:

Thank you guys smile.gif

View Post

It doesn't have a ton of gain. I wouldn't use it for my only dirt pedal in Indian, for example, but it stacks well.

Indian? goddamn!! Thank you for putting out "Guiltless", such a massive record! I've listened to it like 17265412635471 times|

Quote Originally Posted by samzadgan

View Post

welcome, and very nice rig. I am jealous of that Hiwatt head...they are amazing sounding amps.

View Post

Yep, you'll fit right in. Welcome wave.gif

Thank you both smile.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Van_Muddlestein

View Post

Thanks smile.gif I want to keep the "hiwatt" 2x12 , but the laney is out if I get an Emperor cab! hehehe!

Archived