new Boss tuner : size fail

JorisBlack

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, with all these aging rockstars and their geriatric vision

needs...this huge display might make sense.
:idk::p

The official reason given by Boss is that the large display lets you "roam the stage while you're tuning". I've always wanted to do that, so I'll be first in line...

:facepalm:

• Members

It seems ridiculous to assume it of a widely available product by a big, successful company, but I completely fail to see whyanyone would buy this. The closest I can get is the studio owner that wants a flashy tuner, and the guy that only uses a tuner, and likes the idea of the extreme visibility, but I completely fail to see how it will have a strong market following... :idk:

• Members

It seems ridiculous to assume it of a widely available product by a big, successful company, but I completely fail to see whyanyone would buy this. The closest I can get is the studio owner that wants a flashy tuner, and the guy that only uses a tuner, and likes the idea of the extreme visibility, but I completely fail to see how it will have a strong market following...
:idk:

Amanda Whiting at Roland (not Boss?). It's all her fault. Someone email her this thread.

• Members

Just saw the video, the thing is actually bigger than I imagined. And where the eff is the TU-3?

It seems ridiculous to assume it of a widely available product by a big, successful company, but I completely fail to see whyanyone would buy this. The closest I can get is the studio owner that wants a flashy tuner, and the guy that only uses a tuner, and likes the idea of the extreme visibility, but I completely fail to see how it will have a strong market following...
:idk:

Again, even if you wanted the visibility, the screen only accounts for about 1/5 of the things floor space. If it were an inch and a half high and 12 inches wide, it'd be kinda' cool, you could put it at the top of your pedal board. There could be little brackets to prop it up too, in case you have tall pedals, or little space. It'd be totally unnecessary, but it'd look sweet.

• Members

Just saw the video, the thing is actually bigger than I imagined. And where the eff is the TU-3?

Again, even if you wanted the visibility, the screen only accounts for about 1/5 of the things floor space. If it were an inch and a half high and 12 inches wide, it'd be kinda' cool, you could put it at the top of you pedal board. There could be little brackets to prop it up too, in case you have tall pedals, or little space. It'd be totally unnecessary, but it'd look sweet.

Good point. Even more fail. :facepalm:

• Members

If it were an inch and a half high and 12 inches wide, it'd be kinda' cool, you could put it at the top of you pedal board. There could be little brackets to prop it up too, in case you have tall pedals, or little space. It'd be totally unnecessary, but it'd look sweet.

This :thu:

It'd be like a meter bridge on a mixer. I probably wouldn't bite anyway, but at least then it'd be something new.

• Members

I kind of want a giant pedalboard where all my pedals are SUPER huge, like that one level in Super Mario Brothers 3 with the giant turtles and blocks and {censored}.

My Damage Control pedals would be 3 feet by 3 feet. That would be rad.

My wahs would be actually resemble see-saw equipment. I could get some of the dwarves from Spinal Tap to come out and make my guitar go "weeah-weeaow" every five seconds!

Archived