Haha - You guys are gonna love this!

blackstratblues

• Members
Originally posted by Randy Van Sykes

That was awesome Warren!
:eek::cool:
Drummer sounds like Bonzo. Loved it man!

Thanks Adam! You're the first one that latched on - the drummer IS Bonzo! Remember someone posted those drum tracks a while back? Well, I just got my new comp up and running, and those were the only drum samples I had on me at the time. :D

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by blackstratblues

Thanks Adam! You're the first one that latched on - the drummer IS Bonzo! Remember someone posted those drum tracks a while back? Well, I just got my new comp up and running, and those were the only drum samples I had on me at the time.
:D

Best rock drum sound in the biz....I find it easy to recognize...especially his phat kick drum with that nice mid attack.

This track sounds great! The guitars are extremely smooth and nice, is that the 800?
Your new comp for recording is working very well, I must say. :D

• Members
Originally posted by Randy Van Sykes

Best rock drum sound in the biz....I find it easy to recognize...especially his phat kick drum with that nice mid attack.

This track sounds great! The guitars are extremely smooth and nice, is that the 800?

Your new comp for recording is working very well, I must say.

Yeah, I didn't have to EQ/Compress the drums at all. Perfect!

The guitars are HSS strat>SD-1>JCM800>Hotplate line out>Gtr Rig Cam Sims only. The advantage being that I could actually crank the {censored} out of the amp and get some power tube saturation happening, and yet have it totally silent.

• Members

Hey Warren,

Long time! I hope you are well, my friend. That track was absolutely awesome, and I've filed it away. I am always blown away by your composition skills, and it goes without saying that I'm in awe of your production and guitar playing. :cool:

The fact that you play slide so masterfully has just made my envy meter explode! :p Thanks for putting such a big smile on my face. Sheer class! :D

Big smiles,

Andy.

• Members

It's no suprise that this is another great piece from you.....I'm always impressed and of all the players on this forum you are the best IMO because of your composition......simply flawless to my ears....it just *feels* right when you listen.

Really great....really great.

Although the chick in combination with the slide did remind me a little of Rocket Queen:)

• Members

Thanks Adam! You're the first one that latched on - the drummer IS Bonzo! Remember someone posted those drum tracks a while back? Well, I just got my new comp up and running, and those were the only drum samples I had on me at the time.

HAHAHAHA!!! That's even MORE BAD ASS!!! I thought that drumming sounded familiar! :p

• Members
Originally posted by Dann'sTheMan

Hey Warren,

Long time! I hope you are well, my friend. That track was absolutely awesome, and I've filed it away. I am always blown away by your composition skills, and it goes without saying that I'm in awe of your production and guitar playing.
:cool:

The fact that you play slide so masterfully has just made my envy meter explode!
:p
Thanks for putting such a big smile on my face. Sheer class!

Big smiles,

Andy.

Hey Andy,

Nice to hear from you after ages......all is well, I'll be moving to NZ finally in a week.

I'm not much of a slide player, but the meagre stuff I can do worked well in this context. Glad you liked it, means a lot to me! :)

• Members
Originally posted by ranalli

It's no suprise that this is another great piece from you.....I'm always impressed and of all the players on this forum you are the best IMO because of your composition......simply flawless to my ears....it just *feels* right when you listen.

Really great....really great.

Although the chick in combination with the slide did remind me a little of Rocket Queen:)

Thanks bro!

The Rocket Queen connection hit me as soon as I mixed the tune.:)

• Members

Hey Andy,

Nice to hear from you after ages......all is well, I'll be moving to NZ finally in a week.

I'm not much of a slide player, but the meagre stuff I
can
do worked well in this context. Glad you liked it, means a lot to me!
:)

Hey Warren,

I know you had been visiting Zorran in NZ. What will you be doing in Kiwi-land? Isn't Zorran thinking about moving to Oz, or is that less than serious?

Regarding your slide playing - I was most impressed. Did you play that in standard tuning?

It has been far too long. I've posted a few clips in that time, including a gig I did for the BBC. Check them out if you get a chance (they are the last four clips in my sig). :)

Very best wishes with the emigration, my friend. I have no doubt you'll make lots of new friends quickly, but I bet there are a lots of people really sad to see you go. Thank God for the web, heh! :p

Big smiles,

Andy.

Archived