New Agile Marshall Halfstacks Clones from Rondo?

aerorockjax

• Members

Ok, this is a joke thread but maybe they start makig somethin like these. If agile makes some halfway decent guitars then why not some amps?

Priced at say $400 for halfstack with your choice of jcm800 or plexi head and one 4x12 cab. They even having built in attenuators with 7 way switches-100, 50, 25, 10, 5, 1, 1/2 watts) which makes them not exact copies assisting in avoiding legal issues with Marshall. For $600 you'll get both amp heads, a 4x12 cab and a bonus a/b amp switcher pedal so you can have channel switching.

Attached a cheesy pic for reference.

• Members

Originally posted by aerorockjax

Ok, this is a joke thread but maybe they start makig somethin like these. If agile makes some halfway decent guitars then why not some amps?

Priced at say $400 for halfstack with your choice of jcm800 or plexi head and one 4x12 cab. They even having built in attenuators with 7 way switches-100, 50, 25, 10, 5, 1, 1/2 watts) which makes them not exact copies assisting in avoiding legal issues with Marshall. For $600 you'll get both amp heads, a 4x12 cab and a bonus a/b amp switcher pedal so you can have channel switching.

You can get by with {censored} materials and still have an OK sounding guitar as long as the pickups are OK.

If you use {censored} materials in an amp, and you'll have a Piece of {censored} 600.00 halfstack.

• Members
Originally posted by aerorockjax

Pignose G40V is made in China and sells for $225-250. That gets you a bare bones single channel 40 watt tube combo with no reverb and a very crappy single 10" speaker,all in a cheap very small cab. Do you really think you could get all that extra stuff for an extra $150?

• 3 months later...
  • Members

it would be cool

peavey is doing some cool things with amps, and ive always loved thier classic series. ive not yet played any of the newer ones but will definately hold my opinion until i do

but you could have one of the best sounding amps in the world and if it did not have _____ name then alot of folks here would slam it. especially if it had the name of agile which is considered the "alternative for less price".

i do agree that a good sounding amp comes from quality parts/build, but there has got to be a way to mass produce sturdy, quality amps with an emphasis on swapping your own tubes/speaker, with easy access to the speakers/parts. i mean real easy, like flip a little latch and bam! out they pop. i think that would be cool.

as far as name brand stuff, its the same with guitars. some folks would not want an agile but will play thier gibby LP. there is nothing wrong with love for a brand but at least own up when that company has slipped. i think there is nothing better than a good fender strat, but will also say that those agile strat copies are very playable guitars, and its easy to swap pups. the reason i mentioned LPs is that ive had my share of them, and played an agile for the first time last year of a friends who put gibby pups in it. i will say i honestly feel that guitar is 90% of what gibsons are for way less.

then again, dont take my word for anything, remember the epiphone galaxie10 amp? its the smaller one that is true class A operation, not the 25 watter AB with reverb? anyway, after finding the right tubes/speakers combination for that amp 2 years ago i have since sold off a fender champ, classic30, and fender blues jr. i just never played those anymore after finding the right "parts" to make the amp tick. i even turned it into a head for different cabs. its so damn responsive it aint funny, and talk about squishy elastic!

• Members

i dont know guys... i think this board gets a bad rap sometimes.

ive gotten some great comments from killer players on here for my tone in some of the jam tracks we have.... and that with a used SS 1x12 stock combo that cost me all of $160 out the door (a Randall RG75).

not "good for SS"... but just "wow... that sounds great! nice tone!"

if the amp delivers the sound, i dont care the $$$ value or name brand... that stuff is for bragging rights.... you got to listen with your ears...

-Erik

• Members

having seen the insides of a few high end amps, and some in the building process, and talking to the builders...i know that high end amps cost what they do for a reason, and cheaps amps cost what they do for that same reason

i'm not saying that no high end amps are overpriced, or that you can't find a good low priced amp either...but more often than not, you get what you pay for

Archived