Iced Earth tone

maiden_fan

• Members

Originally posted by Megadeth7684

Rian, what is Larry Amplification?
:confused:
I thought Schaffer just used Marshalls...

Amp Builder from Europe. I have searched for years to get one....but to no luck.

I know Olaf posted those pics of some Larry amps a few weeks ago....the "British" and one other. The work looked incredible!!! John got one right after Days of Purgatory and used it after that on Something Wicked and Horror Show.

• Members

3 disk, im half way through the second disk. Stormrider! that riff owns me. Funny thing, i bought and went to work, i do cleaning part time to fund my guitar and cd buying habits. Well they have this killer sound system for doing slideshows to clients and stuff. Well i got there, and was trying to figure out how to use it turned the volume up way loud, then realised i was on the wrong channel. Switched and got blinded by the heaviest sound ever my ears were literally ringing for 10 mins lol.

tony

• Members

Originally posted by maiden_fan

3 disk, im half way through the second disk. Stormrider! that riff owns me. Funny thing, i bought and went to work, i do cleaning part time to fund my guitar and cd buying habits. Well they have this killer sound system for doing slideshows to clients and stuff. Well i got there, and was trying to figure out how to use it turned the volume up way loud, then realised i was on the wrong channel. Switched and got blinded by the heaviest sound ever my ears were literally ringing for 10 mins lol.

tony

Awesome!!!:D

• Members

I've always loved Schaffers tone, so crushing and powerful. I don't like Ripper in that band, he sounds just like Rob Halford, I just don't like him in Iced Earth. I'd rather they got their first singer back, whatever his name was, he sounded like a witch. Barlow was clearly their best singer, he needs to come back.

• Members

Originally posted by maiden_fan

What did you all think of the latest album with Tim Owens on vocals?

Thought it was weak, and thought Schaffer's tone sucked.

I have the new Demons And Wizards, and his tone is thin, to say the least. It sounds weak too. Barlow leaving was the end of Iced Earth. I believe he left to persue his career as a corrections officer, which he's been educated in.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Originally posted by Megadeth7684

I've always loved Schaffers tone, so crushing and powerful. I don't like Ripper in that band, he sounds just like Rob Halford, I just don't like him in Iced Earth. I'd rather they got their first singer back, whatever his name was, he sounded like a witch. Barlow was clearly their best singer, he needs to come back.

Hahahahahahaha (@ the witch comment)

I agree with you 100% here, though.

Archived