Testing the waters: My Mesa Mk IV for your...

yngzaklynch

• Members

Originally posted by blackba

No response from Rho, I guess he may be having more trouble than he thought getting the mark IV to sound like a marshall.

Sorry bro... I hooked it up yesterday... without messing with the Graphic EQ it was kinda close.. I'll record a clip soon, promise.. I just don't have good rec equipment, $10 Shure mic going into a Zoom PS-2....

I'll plan on messing with it tomorrow...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ok.. I spent some time trying to dial in the MkIV to get the SD-1 JCM800 sound.... A/Bing both amps thru the same cabinet I got close.

Although, when I setup and recorded a few measures the recorded version sounded as different as you could imagine... either my ears are f'd up and I am tone deaf or similar sounding tones to the ear never sound the same when mic'd.....

• Members

Originally posted by J.B.

Make sure you do. It's a "Marshall" setting that BrentSP gave me a while back. I posted a clip of the Mark IV with that setting and EVERYBODY thought it was a Marshall.

Dude...I think I remember that clip. That was one of the reasons I said '{censored} it...I'm getting a mark IV'.

As I recall it had a hella VH brown sound going on.

Unbelievable.

-SOMMS

• Members

Originally posted by SgtThump

Well I have a brand spanking new DSL50 and I'd love to have a Mark IV, but I'm not sure I'd trade, PLUS I wouldn't have the extra cash to throw in.

I am not sure you would like the mark IV since you are such a marshall guy. I bought a marshall 2553 silver jubilee to cover the sounds that I couldn't get with the mark IV. Have you tried a Silver Jubilee yet, I think you would love it. It is a total 80's rock amp.....

Anyway I love the mark IV, its a great amp and covers alot of ground.

• Members

Originally posted by blackba

I am not sure you would like the mark IV since you are such a marshall guy. I bought a marshall 2553 silver jubilee to cover the sounds that I couldn't get with the mark IV. Have you tried a Silver Jubilee yet, I think you would love it. It is a total 80's rock amp.....

Anyway I love the mark IV, its a great amp and covers alot of ground.

Hey Brian! Nah, I still have yet to sit down and spend some quality time with a Jubilee. That's a Marshall I still haven't owned. lol

• Members

Here is a clip Gainfreak did with his MarkIV which sounds like it could be in the Marshall ballpark.

http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/Members/000131743_000030715.mp3

And is one i did a while back with my IIC+ that sounds a little Marshally to me. I did mine totally dry, just a touch of verb from Sonar.

http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/Members/000131743_000030716.mp3

Of course a Boogie isn't exactly a Marshall but i just wanted to show that you can get tones that some might mistake for a Marshall.

• Members

Originally posted by danyeo

Here is a clip Gainfreak did with his MarkIV which sounds like it could be in the Marshall ballpark.

And is one i did a while back with my IIC+ that sounds a little Marshally to me. I did mine totally dry, just a touch of verb from Sonar.

Of course a Boogie isn't exactly a Marshall but i just wanted to show that you can get tones that some might mistake for a Marshall.

Both clips sound fantastic! I "think" I would be able to tell that's not a Marshall, but who knows... I can hear some low mid stuff going on that sounds great, but different to me.

Then again, I might only hear that because I know what amp was used. LOL!

Chris

• Members

Today the Mk IV was doing it for me. I guess unless some DSL owner comes along and throws the right amount of cash on top I'll stick with the Mk IV. It pretty much meets my needs anyways. Just think I'm jonesen for that Marshall tone and can't help but wonder if thats what my ears really want to hear.

Archived