Try this on a Fender Strat...

rig-talk.com

• Members

Originally posted by SgtThump

Nope! No locking tuners, locking nut, nuttin... I just got the bar in the mail yesterday and so far, I'm amazed at how well it stays in tune. Shocked, actually...
:)

they're good bridges, no doubt. no annoying bar wiggle or ever-loosening locknut, either.

• Members

Most fender strats I have played would be way out of tune, that is one of the main reasons both of my fender strats have the bridges locked down and I considered a hardtail. I will say adding 5 springs helps the fender bridge alot.

I played with a guy who had a jap strat and did those dive bombs all the time. his guitar stayed in tune very well.

I have a comtemporary tele with a locking bridge for the ocasional times I use the whammy bar, which isn't very often.

• Members

Originally posted by blackba

Most fender strats I have played would be way out of tune, that is one of the main reasons both of my fender strats have the bridges locked down and I considered a hardtail. I will say adding 5 springs helps the fender bridge alot.

I played with a guy who had a jap strat and did those dive bombs all the time. his guitar stayed in tune very well.

I have a comtemporary tele with a locking bridge for the ocasional times I use the whammy bar, which isn't very often.

Yeah Brian, I always blocked in the trems on my Strats. ALWAYS... But I think I might leave this G&L as is for now!

• Members

Originally posted by macmax

Chris, my strat doesn't go out of tune!!!

I think it has spertzels or something like that

Your Strat doesn't go out of tune when you do big whammy bar dives like I'm doing in that first clip? WOW! Hang onto that guitar! I've never seen a Fender that CAN stay in tune when using the trem! :)

• Members

It may be fugly, but the tuning stability of the G&L Dual Fulcrum non-locking trem is incredible!

Chris

Yes it is. I can't knock my Legacy Special out of tune. Even the American Deluxe Fat Strat with locking tuners and an LSR nut I had was hopeless. Both G&Ls I've had have been very stable. It's taking me a long time to gain enough confidence to use it live after playing Fenders so long, but I'm getting there.

• Members

Your Strat doesn't go out of tune when you do big whammy bar dives like I'm doing in that first clip? WOW! Hang onto that guitar! I've never seen a Fender that CAN stay in tune when using the trem!

My Charvel USA w/sperzels stays in tune really well, but I don't like standard trems. Gimme a floating trem anyday! :)

• Members

Your Strat doesn't go out of tune when you do big whammy bar dives like I'm doing in that first clip? WOW! Hang onto that guitar! I've never seen a Fender that CAN stay in tune when using the trem!

Buddastrat will be here to challenge this statement ;)

Archived