OT: gas prices raised $ .50 here in the last 36 hours!!!

cobrahead1030

• Members

we jumped from $2.50 to $3 since yesterday morning...expected to be at $4 by the weekend

how are things looking in you guys' areas?

i work for papa john's, we're the most successful pizza chain in the upstate by far, and the way things are going we're gonna be outta business by the end of the year.

• Members

Originally posted by cobrahead1030

i work for papa john's, we're the most successful pizza chain in the upstate by far, and the way things are going we're gonna be outta business by the end of the year.

Lol...no, you won't be out of business. This is a very temporary spike due to the shutting down of oil rigs in the gulf.

-Joe

• Members

Originally posted by OverDriven

Lol...no, you won't be out of business. This is a very temporary spike due to the shutting down of oil rigs in the gulf.

-Joe

I think Exxon-Mobil BR is back up, Baytown should have never closed if I can make a guess, BP in Houston/wherever should be good.... It's mainly those rigs in the LA gulf, Highway 1 for transportation, and getting power to the booster pumps to get the offshore oil up to the salt domes. Who knows what they're going for first... I know they're focusing on search and rescue until they get a ton of people down here I'm guessing.

• Members

i'm not a native but i live here in the midwest and every one drives an over sized car/truck,and 9/10 u will see only one person in the oversized car/truck....

i say americans should be buying fuel economical motors instead of gas hog toys.

makes sense cos most people here just drive around town or to work and on top of that i never ever hardly see anything in the back of a truck like a dodge dually and that makes no sense driving that cock extension around @ 15 miles to the gallon.

• Members

Paying $3.00 here and looking for it to go up fast. They say it is a temporary spike but the prices here started going up the day of the hurricane just because of speculation.

I just wonder if it will go down as fast as it is rising. Here the price seems to jump instantly when the barrel price goes up or something else happens but when the barrel price goes down it usually takes several days until you see it at the pump. Looks like record profits for the oil companies again this quarter.:mad:

• Members

ugh...half the gas stations in town are closed because they're out!!!

the only ones still opening only have premium, and you can't get it for a penny less than $3.30

we're supposed to be seeing $4 in the next few days, and hopefully within a few more days it will go down again

we've got a few hundred drivers in our franchise who can't afford to show up for work right now...things are lookin to get UGLY quick

• Members

The US should end the tax on gas which will bring the price way down and stop the insane gas lines that are starting to show up.

Price caps and {censored} the oil companies that have been making record breaking profits.
Bush and his oil co's suck big time!!!

Then pull out of the Iraq quagmire and use the troops to help our people here in the south who have been raved by the hurricane.

• Members

Originally posted by OverDriven

-Joe

Bull{censored}, those rigs down there are about 2% of the gas our country operates on, this shouldn't even be a blip on the radar screen yet it jumps up over 50 cents a gallon. There all crooks.

• Members

Originally posted by Paul J. Edwards

The US should end the tax on gas which will bring the price way down and stop the insane gas lines that are starting to show up.

Price caps and {censored} the oil companies that have been making record breaking profits.

Bush and his oil co's suck big time!!!

Then pull out of the Iraq quagmire and use the troops to help our people here in the south who have been raved by the hurricane.

You are on the money my friend. This administration just smells too funny for my taste. It's funny watching all the brainless people pathetically defend them. Ever wonder why the gas has been conviently over 2$ a gallon since this war started in iraq. Katrina hits and Then this jackass bush releases the crude oil to look like a hero when that's not gonna help the situation any.He should of threatened to release the reserves a long time ago to drive the prices down like Clinton did during his time but he didn't. Makes you wonder why?

• Members

Originally posted by joolzriff

i'm not a native but i live here in the midwest and every one drives an over sized car/truck,and 9/10 u will see only one person in the oversized car/truck....

i say americans should be buying fuel economical motors instead of gas hog toys.

makes sense cos most people here just drive around town or to work and on top of that i never ever hardly see anything in the back of a truck like a dodge dually and that makes no sense driving that cock extension around @ 15 miles to the gallon.

Your absolutely right but your blaming the wrong people. Blame the car MFG's and blame the crooks who rip us off on oil before you blame americans for wasting gas!

• Members

Originally posted by guitarman967

Bull{censored}, those rigs down there are about 2% of the gas our country operates on, this shouldn't even be a blip on the radar screen yet it jumps up over 50 cents a gallon. There all crooks.

uh... higher. 11% of the national refining capacity is currently shut down because of the storm.

• Members

Originally posted by potaetoes

uh... higher. 11% of the national refining capacity is currently shut down because of the storm.

My mother in law works with this stuff, She told me it's 2% if anything and most of them look fine. There was like 2 of them that even had damage. Who knows, even on the high side at 11% shows that people are overreacting to this with price hikes.

• Members

I'm tellin' y'all... the devastation in Fourchon, LA will keep those prices up for a long time to come. It is NOT insignificant: 18% is big. And it's not just gasoline prices that are going to stay high. Natural gas is used for a LOT of things. This sucks big.

Has anybody seen recent reports on just how hard it was hit?

• Members
Originally posted by 46&2

I'm tellin' y'all... the devastation in
Fourchon, LA
will keep those prices up for a long time to come. It is NOT insignificant: 18% is big. And it's not just gasoline prices that are going to stay high. Natural gas is used for a LOT of things. This sucks big.

Has anybody seen recent reports on just how hard it was hit?

What now it's 18%. It'll be 25% by tommorrow then.:rolleyes:

• Members

What now it's 18%. It'll be 25% by tommorrow then.
:rolleyes:

Look, I hate Dub-{censored}in-ya and Co with a got-dammed {censored}in' passion. However, it's fokin' stupid to roll your eyes at facts. Prove my info wrong and be an adult about it. 18% is really old news.

• Members

My mother in law works with this stuff, She told me it's 2% if anything and most of them look fine. There was like 2 of them that even had damage. Who knows, even on the high side at 11% shows that people are overreacting to this with price hikes.

she told you they "look fine" ? gee, that's some valuable insider information. i'll probably see her on CNN in a few minutes, among their other "experts"...

• Members

and people aren't overreacting - the futures market is reacting exactly as expected. speculation is about prices in the future, not the present. when anything poses to hamper production of a commodity, especially when it's unpredictable exactly what will happen, futures prices generally jump much higher than whatever the "problem" would directly dictate. it's not a direct relation between the gulf situation and the price of oil futures. it's speculative. that's the nature of the futures markets.

Archived