differences between 5150 and engl fireball?

pte3x

• Members

the fireball will clean up MUCHHH nicer. the 5150 has so much gain its unbelievable. engl has much higher resale value as well. its a trade off really. both have much in common (shared eq being one) but big differences are the resale value, the power rating, and that having a fireball makes u that much more bad ass!

• Members

Originally posted by joeyinflames

the fireball will clean up MUCHHH nicer. the 5150 has so much gain its unbelievable. engl has much higher resale value as well. its a trade off really. both have much in common (shared eq being one) but big differences are the resale value, the power rating, and that having a fireball makes u that much more bad ass!

I have been looking for a used fireball for a while now. Its hard to find one and when I do they are $1000 or more. they sell new for $1200

• Members

Hey,

I have owned both-

I sold my VHT/5150 rig for my Powerball/Flreball rig.

I like the Fireball alot better. It had a better clean channel. The amount of gain is very similar. The Fireball has more clarity at high gain setting. Both amps had a grind in the tone- Which I like.

The Fireball is even better when the preamp tubes are changed. I threw some 9th Gen/Chinese 12Ax7's and it really came to life. Its a great little amp.

The 5150 has more wattage- but I dont really miss em. The 60 watt Fireball is crazy loud. Paired with a G/Flex its a killer rig.

Archived