OT: San Antonio Spurs !!!

DannyM

• Members

The best team in the league,

with arguably the best and deepest bench in the league,

just added Nick Van Exel and Michael Finnley :eek::D

Oh...they also added Fabricio Oberto from Argentinia.

No one in the west will be able to challenge a healthy Spurs team this year for the title.

Let the Pacers, Heat, Pistons and rest of the East battle it out to see who the next NBA Finals loser will be. :cool:

!!! GO SPURS GO !!!

• Members

Love my Spurs. Van Exel and Finley are not Spurs prototypes character-wise, however. Van Exel can come unwound at the drop of a hat. Let's see how Finley handles coming off the bench and getting 0 or low minutes some nights. Interesting to see how they both will react when Pop goes Croation in their grill. Guess that's it for Devin Brown here, too. That's too bad.

• Members

Fin has been a model citizen and a total teamer. I think he'll be a great fit. And with his range he'll live nicely off of TP and MG's drive/dish penetrations. If his ankle is healthy he still has some liveliness in that long body. As for Van Excellent,sure he can come unwound just like that. But he has matured some,especially in a positive/winning environment. And worse case scenerio,he reverts back to his old ways and POP either sits him down or gets him out of there. They are a mature enough team that he won't have any bad attitude followers. They look like the whole package.

• Members

Originally posted by Riverdragon

wow that's crazy. Who did they give up? I agree that Duncan is the model player. If all players could be as classy and dedicated to the game as he is, it would be a much better league.

Duncan is the MAN...have the Admiral to thank for that. the SPURS will dominate for several years if they can stay together and stay healthy.:)

• Members

I hate to rain on your parade guys but Ginobli is not going to be happy with this arrangement; he may be traded later on. They're probably looking down the road to the finals again; this will most likely be a sign and a delayed trade thing...they need a big man to play with Duncan as they barely escaped the Pistons with the title last time around.

Originally posted by Riverdragon

wow that's crazy. Who did they give up? I agree that Duncan is the model player. If all players could be as classy and dedicated to the game as he is, it would be a much better league.

• Members

Ginobli wont be traded. He is under contract and the Spurs brass (Buford and Popavich) are waaaaaayy to smart to trade away a player like Ginobli. Duncan and Ginobli are the nucleus to the Spurs for the next 5 to 7 years.

Ginobli is a team player. Remember when he was told to come off the bench last year during the regular and post season ? He had no problem with that. He will not cry for minutes or touches.

And if you meant that the Spurs would trade away Finley.....the Spurs are way to smart for that.

• Members

The Pistons said that San An is just "borrowing" the trophy for a year, yeah RIGHT! Whos borrowing whos trophy? How many titles have the Pistons won vs. the Spurs in the last 5 years? Bunch of thugs. I'm sure I caught a glimps of Ben Wallace looting in New Orleans on the news tonight.

• Members

I think it's a dumb move to cut into Ginobli's time on the floor. Sure, Ginobli will say it's ok but Papovich knows he's got a dilemma on his hands.

Originally posted by DannyM

Ginobli wont be traded. He is under contract and the Spurs brass (Buford and Popavich) are waaaaaayy to smart to trade away a player like Ginobli. Duncan and Ginobli are the nucleus to the Spurs for the next 5 to 7 years.

Ginobli is a team player. Remember when he was told to come off the bench last year during the regular and post season ? He had no problem with that. He will not cry for minutes or touches.

And if you meant that the Spurs would trade away Finley.....the Spurs are way to smart for that.

• Members

Originally posted by DannyM

The best team in the league,

with arguably the best and deepest bench in the league,

just added Nick Van Exel and Michael Finnley
:eek::D

Oh...they also added Fabricio Oberto from Argentinia.

No one in the west will be able to challenge a healthy Spurs team this year for the title.

Let the Pacers, Heat, Pistons and rest of the East battle it out to see who the next NBA Finals loser will be.
:cool:

!!! GO SPURS GO !!!

sorry, but the spurs are gay, like the entire team are idiots. they play good, but they are just so stupid as people.

i live in detroit metro.

• Members

Originally posted by Lambros

I think it's a dumb move to cut into Ginobli's time on the floor. Sure, Ginobli will say it's ok but Papovich knows he's got a dilemma on his hands.

Ginobli will get his normal minutes. Finley will come off the bench. They are not cutting into Manu's minutes. Finley and V. Exel were told what there roles would be. As the season progress Pop will make moves in the teams best interest. He has no problem bringing Manu off the bench. He also knows when to start him or put him in. This is one of the best coached, best group of players and best organizations in the league. They have won two of the last three titles........they wont mess nothing up by bringing players. Van Exel and Finley make the Spurs a better team.

• Members

Originally posted by joeyinflames

sorry, but the spurs are gay, like the entire team are idiots. they play good, but they are just so stupid as people.

i live in detroit metro.

Hmmmmmm.... I would love to have the Spurs and Pistons all take IQ tests and compare them.

The Pistons, while talented, do not strike me as the brightest bunch.

• Members

Originally posted by Lambros

I strongly disagree. My guess is Finley will primarily play the 3, subbing for Bowen when they need scoring or for Ginobli at the 2 when they need to go big.

Archived