What type of music does your band play (mainly)

Lucius

• Members

I'm slowly peicing together a metal project thats 2 parts thrash, one part death, one part black.

Thrash being my biggest influence.....but I listen to alot of death, black, and oldschool (NWOBHM) so all those influences creep into my writing on some degree or another. Sounds eclectic...but they mesh nicely I guess for the simple fact that thats how they come out of me naturally whether I want it to or not.

I guess I just write what I feel....I'll leave the sub-dividing to the critics and {censored}.

• Members

I'd say that we probably fall into the nu-metal category. I wouldn't say that we are metal though. We play heavy rock and have been compared to Nirvana, Soundgarden, A Perfect Circle and Foo Fighters. We like the music to be dynamic so we have light ambient passages and heavy pounding parts. We also have some time sig changes. Bottom line is that we want to mix it up and we try to avoid too much structure or formula.

I hold down the rhythms while the other guitar player plays melodies. The drummer is much more metal and thrash but makes his parts fit. The bass player is very good at filling in the missing parts here and there.

• Members

Nice attitude to have bro. Got any recordings done? Cheers Lucius

Thanx dude. I'm hoping to have some {censored} soon. Right now i've got some rythem guitar trax recorded, just so I can rememember the structures and whatnot. Been trying to put a serious band together for years.....usually missing either a drummer or singer....most of the time both. The few times I had been in a full line-up, {censored} fizzled out after a few weeks. My friends have an inside joke that has something to do with me being cursed and screwing up line-ups (which is odd, cuz everybody tell's me I'm very easy to get along with, and fun...though a little wierd). Guess I have a black cloud following me. Sux, cuz I spend alot of time writing music, which though I enjoy that, it sucks that I cant ever seem to get it out there and see where it will take me.

However, right now, I just started working with another guitar player, and drummer. There alittle young (I'm 25, there 17), but they have the two things I like to see....ambition, and ability. Seriously....I sent this drummer three MP3 clips of some of my wierdest / hardest {censored}....he called like within an hour of my sending them ,and already had parts that fit to them.....he was wailing them away over the phone.

It's refreshing to work with people that into it. So, I'm hoping this leads somewhere good.

• Members
Originally posted by travis bickle

with candiria, its a fusion of metal, hardcore, rock, jazz and hiphop. with subzero, its pure metal with hardcore and punk rock added for spice.

only real men play metal
:o

you're in candiria too? How long have you been in candiria? I used to see you guys all the time like 5 years ago at the Chance in Poughkeepsie ny.

• Members

Originally posted by anti-flag193

you're in candiria too? How long have you been in candiria? I used to see you guys all the time like 5 years ago at the Chance in Poughkeepsie ny.

yea, ive been playin with em for a few months now. i played my first few shows with em in july. right now we are writing material for the next release, which is slated for release sometime next year.

they've been my favorite metal group for years, so you could imagine how psyched up i am to play, and write for these guys.

Archived