Megadeth7684: Here's your heavy MKIV Clip in B

SFW

• Members

Megadeth7684, you asked for it. This is a VERY quick and dirty clip. I think I had the bass slider up a bit too much. :D Anyway... clip is in drop B. The Mark IV responds very well to down tuning as it has a very tight bass response.

SLUDGE

• Members

Damn, I wasn't expecting that! That sounds very tight. I would personally use a bit more gain, but yeah that sounded good. What kind of guitar/pickups and cab were you using there? How close does a Mark III come to the Mark IV tone, I can't afford, nor do I need another expensive amp right now. Thanks for the clip! :)

• Members
Originally posted by SFW

Megadeth7684, you asked for it. This is a VERY quick and dirty clip. I think I had the bass slider up a bit too much.
:D
Anyway... clip is in drop B. The Mark IV responds very well to down tuning as it has a very tight bass response.

SLUDGE

Man, you are hot today. People have been begging for these clips and you're delivering! Thnaks!!

• Members

Hi
I just recieved my MK IV (Combo) today playing around with it I noticed the R2 sounds kinda Flabby & not that gainy.

I was just listening to some of your other clips
I noticed your *R2 Crunch Rock* tones are
MUCH meaner Fatter & tighter !

Would you mind giving me some advice on those settings & are you using anything else to drive it ?

Thought Im still playing with the amps potential , The R2 sounds nothing like your clips ?

Thanks

• Members

Originally posted by Octaver

Hi

I just recieved my MK IV (Combo) today playing around with it I noticed the R2 sounds kinda Flabby & not that gainy.

I was just listening to some of your other clips

I noticed your *R2 Crunch Rock* tones are

MUCH meaner Fatter & tighter !

Would you mind giving me some advice on those settings & are you using anything else to drive it ?

Thought Im still playing with the amps potential , The R2 sounds nothing like your clips ?

Thanks

pull fat, lots of mids

• Members
Originally posted by Megadeth7684

I didn't think they made the Mark IV's new anymore?

they do, they only stopped making the short chassis. the medium chassis heads and combos are both still being made.

i just bought probably the last new closeout short head for $1099 a couple days ago :D

• Members

Originally posted by BloodyScalpel

all the mark iv models(short head, medium head and combo) are still manufactured. Just checked.

i wonder why everyone was closing out the short heads for cheap then... and listing them as discontinued. if you just checked the mesa site product descriptions, yeah they're still listed, but right below that is a big disclaimer that says specifications change and listed specs may not be totally correct.

Archived