SS Posse!

Psyco666

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by HELSTRUME

Drop the volume beside the pickup, make it black and 25 1/2 scale, and I would buy one.

The volume wouldnt matter on this one, because its archtop. (My ESP is this way).

Black is rightys only :p

• Members

This is interesting. I just fired up the rockmaster with the RG520, and man it sounds killer!

I even used the pull boost on the gain and it doesnt sound twangy! Sounds great even. I've decided that the Rockmaster just does not play nice with EMGs... or maybe just really bright guitars in general. Because the 520 sounds great, I wonder if it's because the pickups are more mellow?

Either way, I got it sounding awesome. Thick, crunch, and the harmonics are squalin. Whenever I pulled the gain boost to get that sound before it always got way too twangy with those 81s and I just didnt like it. And then you turn it off and it's just AC/DC style {censored}, and kinda muddy sounding... it lacks that bite I like.

But now it sounds great! I got the lows on like +10, the mis pulled and on +3, and the highs on +3. I would pull everything back to neutral just to get the EQ flat (IE +7 and 0 0) but I got it sounding so good I dont want to mess with it.

I dont know if it really gives the 5150 a run for its money this way, but it sure don't sound half bad. Makes me wanna get a power amp and use it as a backup rig.

• Members
Originally posted by JamesPeters

Yeah, EMGs, what are you gonna do about it.
:)
Welcome back to the world of passive pickups, population "most of us".
:D

I love my EMG's. They slay with the 5150.

I just dont like 'em with the Rockmaster.

I would put EMG's in my 520 too if I didn't think my bassist would flip out over it. :D

• Members
Originally posted by DirtyBird

This is interesting. I just fired up the rockmaster with the RG520, and man it sounds killer!

I even used the pull boost on the gain and it doesnt sound twangy! Sounds great even. I've decided that the Rockmaster just does not play nice with EMGs... or maybe just really bright guitars in general. Because the 520 sounds great, I wonder if it's because the pickups are more mellow?

Either way, I got it sounding awesome. Thick, crunch, and the harmonics are squalin. Whenever I pulled the gain boost to get that sound before it always got way too twangy with those 81s and I just didnt like it. And then you turn it off and it's just AC/DC style {censored}, and kinda muddy sounding... it lacks that bite I like.

But now it sounds great! I got the lows on like +10, the mis pulled and on +3, and the highs on +3. I would pull everything back to neutral just to get the EQ flat (IE +7 and 0 0) but I got it sounding so good I dont want to mess with it.

I dont know if it really gives the 5150 a run for its money this way, but it sure don't sound half bad. Makes me wanna get a power amp and use it as a backup rig.

The RM is more sterile and SS sounding, so a looser pickup works well with it.

I need to get a passive guitar. Ive got 2, but they dont count :o

• Members
Originally posted by -=MYK=-

Say it with me....

"Zvex pedals are sex"....

Mmmmkay?
:wave:

Naw, lol. Novelty items. Mostly Effects you would only use once in a lifetime on a song. Otherwise, it would be too much.

Except the standard Fuzz that is ;)

• Members
Originally posted by Shask

Naw, lol. Novelty items. Mostly Effects you would only use once in a lifetime on a song. Otherwise, it would be too much.

Except the standard Fuzz that is
;)

I would expect this sort of attitude towards Zvex pedals from a Pantera fan;):p

• Members
Originally posted by -=MYK=-

I would expect this sort of attitude towards Zvex pedals from a Pantera fan;)
:p

Actually, I have no problem with his pedels, I just cant really see a use for many of them, unless you are just making weird noises.

• Members

Originally posted by Shask

Actually, I have no problem with his pedels, I just cant really see a use for many of them, unless you are just making weird noises.

Some of them seem like they'd be hard to use....

But ya never know, there's tons of bands out there doing unique stuff taht we've never seen before!

• Members

I guess with myself, generally when I do clips, I create weird sounds with software. I manipulate stuff, and mangle it into all kinds of weird {censored}. WAY beyond what some pedal is gonna do.

But, the thing is, that is a sound for that clip. If I used it more than once, it would be too much. I guess thats how I see many of those pedals. It makes a neat sound, but I cant see $200+ for 1 weird ass sound you can only use once.

Archived