SS Posse!

Psyco666

• Members

Originally posted by Toshiro

The only thing I notice with the Digitech off is it's slightly warmer, especially the Pball model. Also, I've found the Spinal Puppet model to be useful all of a sudden. heh.

I liked SP before ver 2.0. It used to be the best, but then they changed it, and now it sounds all wimpy.

Buffers seem to make it sound more .. 'oommph'.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by Shask

I liked SP before ver 2.0. It used to be the best, but then they changed it, and now it sounds all wimpy.

Buffers seem to make it sound more .. 'oommph'.

Hmmm.... wish I could hear the difference.. It's not gonna take top spot though. lol

I dunno, there are so many model in this thing that you can end up spending more time tweaking a new tone than playing guitar. I don't really like that much.

Of course, then there's the models you'd think would be cool, but turn out to suck. Like the Herbert model, I just end up with some over-scooped mess every time I try it. :freak:

• Members

Yeah, this is where I always have a personal delima. I like havng the options to find many tones, but at the same time, it is annoying having so many choices sometimes. Not to mention, I generally only end up using 1 main tone. I think this is why Im not going to do the rack thing again. Its always overkill every time I do.

I like the Herbert model :p

• Members

WTF is with all these companies not telling you how much their damn amps cost?

What does a Mesa Single Recto Solo head go for new, and used?

And what do those Framus heads go for?

I'm thinking now my next amp will be:

Mesa Single Rectifier Solo head
Engl Fireball
... ? I dont know...

But it looks like I'm gonna be getting around $250 a month... not much... but I'm not counting tips because I think I'm gonna try to get by without dipping into my paychecks for as long as I can.

So it would take me about 4 months to get $1,000... not sure I'll even still want to spend all of it on an amp by then... :(

• Members

Yeah, this is where I always have a personal delima. I like havng the options to find many tones, but at the same time, it is annoying having so many choices sometimes. Not to mention, I generally only end up using 1 main tone. I think this is why Im not going to do the rack thing again. Its always overkill every time I do.

I like the Herbert model
:p

Yup. So you can get it not to sound scoopy-scoopy-scoop? or do you like it that way? lol

I'm very tempted by the HD147 now, due to it having the top 3-4 models I use in the XT. Trouble is, I don't wanna buy it and have the replacement be released like a month down the road. I'm actaully considering just selling the rack, and buying a Laney GH50L and some {censored}in pedals.

• Members

I go to that model when I want a scooped sound :p Actually, not even scooped, just ... big and wide.

I wouldnt worry about the replacement. The reliability worries me more on their expensive stuff.

Besides, it will be awhile, the only news Ive seen lately, was the other day, they said the Vetta II is getting another OS update, and its gonna add more wah models, and whammy pedal pitch effects, and some other crap for free. Im hoping maybe some of that will roll over ;)

• Members

Are you starting to use less sounds? I think many times about getting an FX unit, but hell, sometimes I think I would be happier with Delay, Reverb and Chorus pedals.

Actually, many times I debate just setting up a whole pedalboard, since I just drag them out sometimes now. If it werent for all the cables, I probably would have already done it...

I think I definitely fall into that Head/Pedals catagory though...

• Members
Originally posted by DirtyBird

WTF is with all these companies not telling you how much their damn amps cost?

What does a Mesa Single Recto Solo head go for new, and used?

And what do those Framus heads go for?

I'm thinking now my next amp will be:

Mesa Single Rectifier Solo head

Engl Fireball

... ? I dont know...

But it looks like I'm gonna be getting around $250 a month... not much... but I'm not counting tips because I think I'm gonna try to get by without dipping into my paychecks for as long as I can.

So it would take me about 4 months to get $1,000... not sure I'll even still want to spend all of it on an amp by then...
:(

Well, used just check Ebay. Sometimes companies have price lists, but its hidden deep in their websites. Most of the time I will just check MF or wherever.

I think a Mesa something would probably be good. And I would rather get something nice, then just get something cheap for the hell of it, if you can swing the cash. Your not really a habitual seller anyways, so it would probably be money spent well.

• Members

AT least it wasnt like 300 Million or something
:)

Might as well have been. Man that sucks I didn't get my car. I could have gotten something else, but what I want is an all black Honda Civic. Hopefully its still there next weekend.

• Members
Originally posted by JamesPeters

Kyle, try the JSX. Lemme know what you think when you do.
:)

Do you think I would like it? Just curious...

I wish I knew where one would be... the local peavey dealers just carry their cheap SS combos, a couple of Cassic combos and that's about it...

:(

• Members

Oh {censored}!

I just realized something!

I'm not ognna be making $250 a month, it's gonna be more like $500 a month. :rolleyes:

I kept getting confused when adding my pay and hours for 2 weeks together and thinking I was adding my pay for 2 pay periods (2 weeks a piece)...

So I could have enough money to buy a power ball in 4 months... or a Fireball in 2...

Fireball... mmmmm...

What do you guys think?

Looking for a circa $1,000 amp...

Mesa Single Rectifier
Engl Fireball
Peavey JSX/XXX
Marshall JCM900 SLX
Marshall JCM800
Marshall DSL
Laney GH50

Hmmm...

the 5150 is my main thing, but I want a cool backup head that is a great head in its own right, you know?

Dont know if I want to go for something marshall-ish, since i love that whole Zakk Wylde tone {censored}.... so that would be the Laney GH and Marshall amps.... And then I dont know if I want to go for something a little more unique like the JSX/Fireball/Single Recto...

• Members

Oh {censored}!

I'm not ognna be making $250 a month, it's gonna be more like $500 a month.
:rolleyes:

I kept getting confused when adding my pay and hours for 2 weeks together and thinking I was adding my pay for 2 pay periods (2 weeks a piece)...

So I could have enough money to buy a power ball in 4 months... or a Fireball in 2...

Fireball... mmmmm...

What do you guys think?

Mesa Single Rectifier

Engl Fireball

Peavey JSX/XXX

Marshall JCM900 SLX

Marshall JCM800

Marshall DSL

Laney GH50

Hmmm...

the 5150 is my main thing, but I want a cool backup head that is a great head in its own right, you know?

Dont know if I want to go for something marshall-ish, since i love that whole Zakk Wylde tone {censored}.... so that would be the Laney GH and Marshall amps.... And then I dont know if I want to go for something a little more unique like the JSX/Fireball/Single Recto...

Man, trying them out would be best. There a GC near you at all? If you're gonna drop $1k+ on an amp it would be worth the gas, IMO. I liked the JSX when I played through it, the Laney is like :love:, and my current fav band uses a Fireball(Scar Symmetry).

If I were to put them in order of my own preference:

Laney
JSX
Fireball
900SLX
Recto

• Members

Are you starting to use less sounds? I think many times about getting an FX unit, but hell, sometimes I think I would be happier with Delay, Reverb and Chorus pedals.

Actually, many times I debate just setting up a whole pedalboard, since I just drag them out sometimes now. If it werent for all the cables, I probably would have already done it...

I think I definitely fall into that Head/Pedals catagory though...

I dunno, I have a {censored}load of patches started on the XT, but I just love that Laney tone..... If they made a "Metal-High-Gain" version of the TT-series I'd be all over it. The GH line is just meaner sounding, makes me want one badly again. lol {censored}in' GAS.

I think I could live with the Laney, Comp, TS9, chorus, delay, and reverb pedals, and a cab. It's just my neighbors will hate me. ;)

• Members

Oh {censored}!

I'm not ognna be making $250 a month, it's gonna be more like $500 a month.
:rolleyes:

Fireball... mmmmm...

What do you guys think?

Mesa Single Rectifier

Engl Fireball

Peavey JSX/XXX

Marshall JCM900 SLX

Marshall JCM800

Marshall DSL

Laney GH50

Hmmm...

JSX.

• Members

Originally posted by HELSTRUME

Might as well have been. Man that sucks I didn't get my car. I could have gotten something else, but what I want is an all black Honda Civic. Hopefully its still there next weekend.

Hopefully you can find something. At least something cheap for awhile, to get you to work and back.

Archived