SS Posse!

Psyco666

• Members
Originally posted by Toshiro

Man, trying them out would be best. There a GC near you at all? If you're gonna drop $1k+ on an amp it would be worth the gas, IMO. I liked the JSX when I played through it, the Laney is like
:love:
, and my current fav band uses a Fireball(Scar Symmetry).

Yeah, I think DB said there was one like an hour or 2 away. Id take the roadtrip, and spend all day, to get a good feel playing everything you could find, to compare.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So I was listening to some Rob Zombie stuff and Riggs' tone is really cool.

It's kinda weird. I have the amp that he used to record that stuff with the Zombie bands, but unless I boost it, it doesn't get that heavy.

Maybe it's broken or something.

When I bought it I remember it having a {censored}load of gain, but now it doesn't.:confused:

• Members

About ENGL amps.

I'd stick with the higher mid sounding ones like the Blackmore, and the Savage series.

My friend had a Powerball and it had a harder time cutting through than the recto that he owned before that. The Fireball will have even less wattage to help it get loud enough.

• Members
Originally posted by -=MYK=-

About ENGL amps.

I'd stick with the higher mid sounding ones like the Blackmore, and the Savage series.

My friend had a Powerball and it had a harder time cutting through than the recto that he owned before that. The Fireball will have even less wattage to help it get loud enough.

I liked it by itself... but when I played with other people I had a little trouble to get it to cut through. I mean one of the mid modes utterly sucked, and then the other one was a little better, meh..maybe we were just bad at micing the things :p

• Members
Originally posted by Shask

So, do you have any other responsibilities to pay for?

Nope, and I wont for a while...

All I really have to take care of is :

random food I want to get myself
random trinkets I want to buy myself
some new pants. (I'm getting grease stains all over these and these are my nice pants)
some new shoes (I need black work shoes, heh)
GAS :mad:

• Members

Man, this aint right. Started that Daylight Savings crap today. First time Ive ever had to do it in almost 30 years :freak:

Its like 7PM, and bright as hell outside. that aint right... Its too bright out to be this late.

Well, I guess it will even out soon, as Tornado bearing storms are headed this way...

• Members
Originally posted by DirtyBird

Nope, and I wont for a while...

All I really have to take care of is :

random food I want to get myself

random trinkets I want to buy myself

some new pants. (I'm getting grease stains all over these and these are my nice pants)

some new shoes (I need black work shoes, heh)

GAS
:mad:

I never got grease on anything there :confused:

I didnt know if you had to save to go to school, or your own place or anything...

I wish I could spend what I made on gear :cool:

• Members

So I was listening to some Rob Zombie stuff and Riggs' tone is really cool.

It's kinda weird. I have the amp that he used to record that stuff with the Zombie bands, but unless I boost it, it doesn't get that heavy.

Maybe it's broken or something.

When I bought it I remember it having a {censored}load of gain, but now it doesn't.
:confused:

Which amp is that?

White Zombie used old Randalls like Pantera, and mine sounds failry similar with a Boost. He orginally used a TS-9 with his...

• Members

Which amp is that?

White Zombie used old Randalls like Pantera, and mine sounds failry similar with a Boost. He orginally used a TS-9 with his...

Rigs used the Marshall G100CDR for a while.

The TS-9 would make sense. And also the SD full shred humbucker.

The Marshall has a cool feature, a contour knob! :eek:

Let's you sweep the mids for more low mids and a meaner sound like I'm heaing on the Rob Zombie tracks.

A Randall could probably do the tone just fine as well. I wouldn't mind having one of the newer Randalls(the SS ones). The ones that I've tried have sounded really good.

• Members
Originally posted by HELSTRUME

Man I did some side work today "shoveling gravel." I got some serious cash, and even serious sun. Of course it had to be 90 and sunny today.

Shoveling sucks :p

Its been stormy all day here. But, the biggest storm is on its way. Tornado Watch until the middle of the night. :eek:

• Members

Rigs used the Marshall G100CDR for a while.

The TS-9 would make sense. And also the SD full shred humbucker.

The Marshall has a cool feature, a contour knob!
:eek:

Let's you sweep the mids for more low mids and a meaner sound like I'm heaing on the Rob Zombie tracks.

A Randall could probably do the tone just fine as well. I wouldn't mind having one of the newer Randalls(the SS ones). The ones that I've tried have sounded really good.

Well, with Rob Zombie, it was a different player and rig. Yeah, I remember him in ads with the G100, but was rumered to have a Diezel :o

I wouldnt mind an old Marshall 8100, what that G100 is based on. It had the Contour also. Only problem is, it can get failry thin when scooped too much.

Ive never heard too much about the Full Shred pickup. I do want to try a custom though....

• Members

His tone sounds really close to my SS head with my SD-1, but the SD-1 takes out a little too much bottom end.

I haven't heard the VH4 or I could tell if maybe it was something different.

I haven't heard too much about the Full Shred either. I guess it's time to hit the SD forums and do some reading.

In other newts, I've got this Rammstein song here, and it's got some killer tonez.

Folks say Tech21 PSA-1 and Dual recto, but it sounds too tight to be a recto, and too early in their career to be one of them queer Engls.

• Members

Man, this aint right. Started that Daylight Savings crap today. First time Ive ever had to do it in almost 30 years
:freak:

Its like 7PM, and bright as hell outside. that aint right... Its too bright out to be this late.

Well, I guess it will even out soon, as Tornado bearing storms are headed this way...

I like it being lighter at night. Plus it cuts down on crime :thu:

• Members
Originally posted by HELSTRUME

I like it being lighter at night. Plus it cuts down on crime
:thu:

Im just not used to it. Its weird to me, cause all your life you get used to how it is... "gets dark around 9pm in the month of July, etc..." Its gonna throw all that off...

• Members

His tone sounds really close to my SS head with my SD-1, but the SD-1 takes out a little too much bottom end.

I haven't heard the VH4 or I could tell if maybe it was something different.

I haven't heard too much about the Full Shred either. I guess it's time to hit the SD forums and do some reading.

In other newts, I've got this Rammstein song here, and it's got some killer tonez.

Folks say Tech21 PSA-1 and Dual recto, but it sounds too tight to be a recto, and too early in their career to be one of them queer Engls.

Which song? I liked them quite a bit in the past. I was actually thinking the other day I should check out the newer album or 2.

• Members

Which song? I liked them quite a bit in the past. I was actually thinking the other day I should check out the newer album or 2.

It's the big popular one: Du Hast

I want to buy one of their CDs sometime soon.

I got the song off of the Matrix soundtracks.

Archived