SS Posse!

Psyco666

• Members

Originally posted by -=MYK=-

It's the big popular one: Du Hast

I want to buy one of their CDs sometime soon.

I got the song off of the Matrix soundtracks.

Yeah, I have that CD. They say PSA-1 and Rectos with Sonic Maximiser on it. Some also say Triaxis.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by Shask

Yeah, I have that CD. They say PSA-1 and Rectos with Sonic Maximiser on it. Some also say Triaxis.

I haven't heard either of those rack preamps.

However, I do have Immortal - Sons Of Nothern Darkness(And it's said that they used the PSA-1 as well) and their tone does have some similarities to Rammstein's though it's EQed pretty differently.

• Members

Originally posted by -=MYK=-

How low do you tune using 9s, Shask?

Depends on the guitar. I mostly keep 10s on my 24.75" guitars. But I do have 9s on the one tuned in E.

I have my ESP in D with 9s. Although, its drop C right now.

My Ibanez is tuned in B and Drop A, with 11-50 on it...

• Members

I think I'm just gonna grab the Laney GH50 because they're so cheap used...

It wont take 3 or 4 months to get one of those.... and they're not as ubiquitous as Rectos or Marshalls... a little more unique.

But there are actually no Laney dealers in Georgia... :o .

Not many... but enough. SO I might be able to find one... either way, if I were buying it new, you sure as hell know I'd be playing it first.

For $1000, demoing a bunch of different amps is in order...

• Members
Originally posted by Shask

Depends on the guitar. I mostly keep 10s on my 24.75" guitars. But I do have 9s on the one tuned in E.

I have my ESP in D with 9s. Although, its drop C right now.

My Ibanez is tuned in B and Drop A, with 11-50 on it...

I see.

I think I want to have my guitar fitted with a regular nut so I can use larger strings and also tune down a little bit further.

The LSR is cool as the Fonz for standard, but It's kinda limiting my strings and tunings.

I think I shall also have them tweak the action. There is a few things that I'm noticing that I didn't when I got the guitar a few months ago.

Just minor tweaks here and there should do it, I think.:)

I should just wait until after I get the H-H routed pickgaurd and the humbuckers dropped in before I get the action changed and stuff.

• Members

Me either...

Blecht...

So how come you guys dont like Single Rectos? I keep hearing recto tones I love all th etime, and I figure a single recto will get me to that same vibe without the versatility, and you guys know how much I care about versatility. ;)

I keep thinking new Testament, Metallica and Nevermore tones... :o

• Members

Actually, I havent played a Single Recto in many years, until about a month ago. And actually, this Single was probably the best Recto I had heard, since the orginal 2 Channel/Small Logo, and Tremoverb.

All I can say, is Id like to hear one with a SD-1. They dont really sound all badass like those bands you mentioned. They are more grainy, wall of fuzz kind of sounding.

Actually, my Mark III can sound more like those bands then the Recto. Although, I think it sounds neutered at the moment, because I need new tubes....

Archived