BEHOLD...The SWEEEET lead tone of the Boogie MK III

TU BE

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by Megadeth7684

I'm not much of a lead player and I'm not home with my amps now, but when I am (Thanksgiving) I'll see what I can do.

Weeelll..cool! :D I was half joking because *I* can't lead my way out of a wet paper bag.....think of me as Kirk Hammet's spastic brother with no sense of melody ;)

• Members

I don't play leads like Santana or Sykes, so why would I care if my amp can do those tones? The 5150 can do those tones if you dial it in right.

Ummmmm...No it can't...Trust me.

I've owned a bunch of 5150's, modded, stock, block letter, and 5150 II....

They are harsh, cold sterile, and lifeless. All that they are good for is over distorted metal...

Trust me...

Steve

• Members

I don't play leads like Santana or Sykes, so why would I care if my amp can do those tones? The 5150 can do those tones if you dial it in right.

See...you just like causing trouble. You stated a blanket opinion "5150>Mesa for lead tone" when what you appear to be saying now is "for yor particular prefernce of lead tones 5150>Mesa"

It's a big diff. init?:D

• Members
Originally posted by SteveVHT

Ummmmm...No it can't...Trust me.

I've owned a bunch of 5150's, modded, stock, block letter, and 5150 II....

They are harsh, cold sterile, and lifeless. All that they are good for is over distorted metal...

Trust me...

Steve

Yeah, like you own anything good :rolleyes::p

• Members

Sounds damn near exactly like Santana's tone... :eek:

Damn nice Brother! I will go on record and say Im not the biggest fan of the Mark lead (going from clips alone). It sounds much more "focussed" and "less open" than the Marshall lead tone.

That said, I havent had nearly as much experience playing lead on a Mark series amp to actually get the feel. If I had enough time to sit down with one, I may end up being a convert... :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by danyeo

Great clip TUBE. I did a version of this tune with a Fender Evil Twin and i got a suprisingly cool tone. Let me know if you want to hear it. I don't want to hijack your thread anymore than i already have.

Thanks danyeo.

I don't think I've ever heard a Fender Evil Twin.

• Members

Well, Creedance Clearwater Revival, Ted Nugent, Eddie Van Halen and Steve Morse all used the 5150, and I'm real sure none of them play high gain metal. People who say the 5150 is a one trick pony are stupid. I only use it for metal, but there are tons of people who use it for other stuff. Ask VHoholic for example. His clips don't sound very cold sterile and lifeless to me.

• Members
Originally posted by -=MYK=-

The 5150 doesn't do leads...
:o

:confused:

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

TU BE, the clip was awesome! We want more!!!

Thanks man. I won't be able to post anymore probably until next week. I've got my folks coming in town this weekend and lots of straightening up to do.

• Members

Originally posted by TWPietz37

^^By the way dude, awesome clip.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mega, why don't you "dial it in right" and make a clip for us then? Better yet, make any 5150 lead clip that beats the Mark II and III clips on this forum and I'll concede.

Tyler

Thank you, man.

• Members

Well, Creedance Clearwater Revival, Ted Nugent, Eddie Van Halen and Steve Morse all used the 5150, and I'm real sure none of them play high gain metal. People who say the 5150 is a one trick pony are stupid. I only use it for metal, but there are tons of people who use it for other stuff. Ask VHoholic for example. His clips don't sound very cold sterile and lifeless to me.

What you are not understanding is that those are professionally recorded, and way way way processed recordings...
Second, Steve Morse only used the 5150 for rhythm and cleans and used his Jubilee for all his lead work....unless he lied to me...:D
EVH used that amp for one album, and his backline was mainly MArshall....
Steve

• Members
Originally posted by Digital Jams

Only if you send the Lynch GMW
;)

Jason, so is your Soldano GAS cured???

Unfortunately, that will not be cured until I have another Avenger. Someday.............someday. :cry:

But I am REALLY digging the versatility of this amp. :thu:

• Members
Originally posted by telephant

Sounds damn near exactly like Santana's tone...
:eek:

Damn nice Brother! I will go on record and say Im not the biggest fan of the Mark lead (going from clips alone). It sounds much more "focussed" and "less open" than the Marshall lead tone.

That said, I havent had nearly as much experience playing lead on a Mark series amp to actually get the feel. If I had enough time to sit down with one, I may end up being a convert...
:thu:

Shea, I think you're just a die hard Marshall guy. I've heard your clips. Your playing sounds great through Marshalls.

You may like the MK series but I don't think you'll ever convert completely.

Thanks for listening brother.

• Members
Originally posted by TU BE

Thanks man. I won't be able to post anymore probably until next week. I've got my folks coming in town this weekend and lots of straightening up to do.

Bah!

Make them help out with the mid positioning so you can play while listening to the recorded tone.;)

• Members

Steve Morse's 5150s were modded:idea:

As for EVH....I plead the fif....

Archived