best locking tuners for a les paul standard

t-rave

• Members

Originally posted by potaetoes

hooray for you... why are you in this thread then?

I actually was in this thread to figure out what the best locking tuners for a LP Standard were, until I realized the purpose was "no loops". Thanks for asking, though.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by phyrexia

I actually was in this thread to figure out what the best locking tuners for a LP Standard were, until I realized the purpose was "no loops". Thanks for asking, though.

there *are* other benefits outside of the string-changing speed, the person just asked why it made string changing faster - your realization is incomplete.

• Members

What are the other benefits? Enlighten me.
:)

what are the other benefits of locking tuners... gee, lemme think about that one for a while... derrrpppp. let's see... do they exist for a reason, or just to spite themselves... uhhhhhhh....

you want me to pick your nose for you too?

• Members

What the {censored}? You smart off when I suggest an alternative to locking tuners, then act high and mighty and tell me there's more to it. Then when I ask you what you're talking about you act a fool again. Thanks for your wonderful contribution to this thread.

I want you to suck my dick, is what I want you to do. Now what the {censored} else is the point of locking tuners if all they do is lock the string in place at the peg?

If you know what you're talking about then just {censored}ing say it.

• Members

What the {censored}? You smart off when I suggest an alternative to locking tuners, then act high and mighty and tell me there's more to it. Then when I ask you what you're talking about you act a fool again. Thanks for your wonderful contribution to this thread.

I want you to suck my dick, is what I want you to do. Now what the {censored} else is the point of locking tuners if all they do is lock the string in place at the peg?

Nica mature language. Anyway,I don't see any other benefits personally.

• Members

Originally posted by tlbonehead

Not on any of my Gibby's. Not sure what I'd upgrade to with hardware. Certainly I've upgraded tuners,pickups,electronics on cheaper guitars.

I'm telling you man, locking tuners and one of those tailpieces with the fine tuners make quite a bit of difference with tuning stability on those guitars.

I also don't care much for the stock p'ups that Les Pauls come with. I've got Duncans in mine.

• Members

Originally posted by tlbonehead

Yes but there is this big misnomer that locking tuners are useful as a replacement for a locking nut....for some reason.

Yeah no kidding. A friend of mine got a set thinking the same thing, and the first time he divebombed with the trem, the strings all popped out of the nut slots. I had a good laugh.

• Members

No wraps around the post?

What, do you guys not have one of those $2 stringwinders?

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Accessories/Stringwinders/Dunlop_Stringwinder___Bridge_Pin_Puller.html

I can change a string in like forty seconds with one, if i'm in a hurry...

I can change a string in 10. Ooooo!!!! Got you BEAT NIGGUH!!!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Members

because they {censored}ing stay in tune better, you dip{censored}. there's less slop in the {censored}ing system, less goddamn bent windings for cores to settle in, and secure {censored}ing anchoring that doesn't slip. you came in here being a {censored}ing smartass to begin with, so {censored} you.

Archived