do you think im messed up because i dont watch the news

jcourtjr

• Members

I never, ever, ever watch the news, and rarely listen to radio. (Radio is just Clear Channel advertisers). I'm not always up on ltest events, but I don't feel like I'm in the dark. Chances are, if it's important enough to pay attention to, someone else will be talking about it enough to warrant checking it out.

The news is depressing.

• Members

Originally posted by jcourtjr

I dont want to be "programmed" so i dont watch. Sort of sucks though because i dont really know whats going on... but on second thought. should i really form my reality from what other people tell me or through my own experience?

the real problem isn't watching TV news, it's watching only one channel. naturally, Fox and CNN will have at least someone different viewpoints, as will MSNBC.

i would say, if you want to keep up, but dont' want to be inundated with the idologies of a single viewpoint, try getting at least one independent internet or print source (i'd recommend something like The Nation, or the New Republic), and at least one TV source, and if you can, a radio source, preferably NPR.

Archived