STEEL KAGE: check this out

RoboPimp

• Members
Originally posted by Pigsinzen

Ah the old radio shack part 386 amp.
:)

I made a stereo once for a iPod using that.

It was cool, and impressed a chick.

I etched my own board though.
:wave:

cool man! My "chick" thought it was pretty neat too...

how do I go about making boards?

• Members
Originally posted by Randy Van Sykes

Pffffffft...diode clipping
:rolleyes:

Are you serious? God, I love tube amps as much as the next guy, but posting that in this thread is just downright {censored}ing obnoxious. Get off your horse.

"Hey, I built a camaro!"

"Uggh... american cars."

• Members

Dude, you blew it. You should have covered the whole circuit in Home Depot Silicone Caulk, built a Limited Run of 50 in handpainted boxes, given it a stupid name, and sold them for $399 each. You coulda bought a car with the profit.

That sounds cool, btw. At least as good as most other similar things that people build (and/or sell.)

• Members
Originally posted by converge

Are you serious? God, I love tube amps as much as the next guy, but posting that in this thread is just downright {censored}ing obnoxious. Get off your horse.

"Hey, I built a camaro!"

"Uggh... american cars."

Besides, it doesn't look like there are any diodes in the schematic that RoboPimp posted.

BTW, I haven't built a Camaro, but I have built an El Camino, and I will agree with the "ugh" comment. ;):D

• Members
Originally posted by ratter

Dude, you blew it. You should have covered the whole circuit in Home Depot Silicone Caulk, built a Limited Run of 50 in handpainted boxes, given it a stupid name, and sold them for $399 each. You coulda bought a car with the profit.

:D I'm on it........:thu:

• Members
Originally posted by hoerni

Besides, it doesn't look like there are any diodes in the schematic that RoboPimp posted.

BTW, I haven't built a Camaro, but I have built an El Camino, and I will agree with the "ugh" comment.
;):D

I really like those, but they're super rare where I live because cars of that age get rusted out.

To be honest, I'm a vintage saab guy :eek:

• Members

Originally posted by STEEL KAGE

Nope, Its not bad for what it is at all considering the pics. Its pretty friggin funny though;Hearing the clip and seeing what made it

Kage

yeap, just wanted you to check it out since you seemed curious about it.

• Members

Originally posted by RoboPimp

yeap, just wanted you to check it out since you seemed curious about it.

I was curious why, thats all. It sounds ok for what it is but in the long run, its seems like more of a novelty.

I know that you dont need 100, 000 watts but a 1/2 watt?

• Members

Originally posted by STEEL KAGE

I was curious why, thats all. It sounds ok for what it is but in the long run, its seems like more of a novelty.

I know that you dont need 100, 000 watts but a 1/2 watt?

You'd be suprised at what 1/2 watt can do, especially through effecient speakers. Robopimps EVM12Ls come to mind...

Archived