Any Billy Squire tone fans here????

illini

• Members

I heard that very song yesterday on the radio. I've always thought that was one of those good old 62 reissue custom telecasters with the bound body. He is pictured with it on the lp cover. That whole CD is great. Saw him open for Queen back then. Saw him in his first band Piper open for Kiss new years eve 77/78. Piper's guitar player Tommy Gun used a three pup Hamer standard.

• Members

Big Squier fan here. In fact I have a concert dvd on the way from NetFlix. I'm hoping for the obligatory gear shots that these live dvd's usually have. NetFlix also has a dvd of just his videos for us original MTV watchers.

He always played some pretty cool little riffs, anyone got any good tabs? I've searched but haven't found much worth messing with.

• Members

Originally posted by keith335

I've always thought that was one of those good old 62 reissue custom telecasters with the bound body.

That LP was released in what? 82? I doubt it was a reissue....

BTW, that was the first full-length LP I ever bought.

BTW, I met Billy Squier, he showed up at an Alice Cooper Tribute gig I was doing.

• Members
Originally posted by illini

I was just listening to Lonely Is The Night. His tone for good ole rock and roll was great.

Les Paul & Marshall? Anyone know???

A lot of his stuff was Strat/Marshally. That song? Not sure but the tone is pretty harsh and fakey,IMO. Not too fond of it. And yes,I've had the "pleasure" of covering that song many times. Now,give me the tone on Eddie Money's SHAKIN' and that is a different story.

• Members

Originally posted by tlbonehead

I think he had a lot of catchy songs. I never found anything too special in their guitar tones though.

That is why we have so many different guitar amps. Everybody likes something different. For what I play, I would be very happy with his tone.

• 3 years later...

Archived