Prophet 08 PE

• Members

So, now that everyone who has a Pot Edition has had some time with it, do the pots have the same wobbly, wiggly plastic posts beneath them like the encoders did? The knobs always felt loose on the encoder versions I tried out.....

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So, now that everyone who has a Pot Edition has had some time with it, do the pots have the same wobbly, wiggly plastic posts beneath them like the encoders did? The knobs always felt loose on the encoder versions I tried out.....

Mine are as tight as when i bought it nearly a year ago. No wobble at all.

• Members

Mine are as tight as when i bought it nearly a year ago. No wobble at all.

But you do know what I'm referring to right? The encoder version's posts were I guess plastic? They wobbled like hell. I'm not even that picky of a guy, but it certainly didn't invoke confidence.

So the pot edition feels more or less solid....... eggcellent :evil:

excellent-mr-burns.gif

• Members

I just rec'd 2 new encoder bds from DSI a weeks ago to replace my original pots that were just terrible. The jumping of values when playing, or not being able to set a value without trying for minutes as the values would seem to move wherever they wanted to. I was about to use deoxit for the 2nd time in less than 6 months. I posted this on another bd. and Chris @ DSI responded. The new encoders are very tight, much more solid feeling even with the plastic shafts, the P08 is fun to play and program once again. Chris posted that there will be a new sw update soon but did not say what it would encompass.

• Members

I just rec'd 2 new encoder bds from DSI a weeks ago to replace my original pots that were just terrible. The jumping of values when playing, or not being able to set a value without trying for minutes as the values would seem to move wherever they wanted to. I was about to use deoxit for the 2nd time in less than 6 months. I posted this on another bd. and Chris @ DSI responded. The new encoders are very tight, much more solid feeling even with the plastic shafts, the P08 is fun to play and program once again. Chris posted that there will be a new sw update soon but did not say what it would encompass.

just to be clear, you have the version with encoders rather than pots, correct?

• Members

I am hoping to buy a potted version of the module sometime in the next year. Right now I am tapped out but if the market manages to go up just a titch in the next couple of weeks to my threshold then I will have a little extra. I asked for it from DSI tech support when the KB version came out, which was right around the time I sold my original P'08. At the time they responded to tell me they were not planning to make them, but now they are. I figured that this would happen so I didn't sell my sound editor program along with the KB. I happen to really like the sound and patching of the P'08. I like the warm pads that you can get from it.

• Members
I am hoping to buy a potted version of the module sometime in the next year. Right now I am tapped out but if the market manages to go up just a titch in the next couple of weeks to my threshold then I will have a little extra. I asked for it from DSI tech support when the KB version came out, which was right around the time I sold my original P'08. At the time they responded to tell me they were not planning to make them, but now they are. I figured that this would happen so I didn't sell my sound editor program along with the KB. I happen to really like the sound and patching of the P'08. I like the warm pads that you can get from it.

Agreed. I like the interface and the amount of modulation options too. DSI stuff is definitely deep.

They seem to be planning on an MEK PE later this summer. I'm definitely going to make that switch for mine :)

• Members

just to be clear, you have the version with encoders rather than pots, correct?

Yes, I was going to order the new pots but with these new boards I am definately staying put. Even though the shafts are still plastic they feel totally different than the original ones that I had.

Archived