SOT: what is Hanneman's problem?

Negative K3 fan

• Members

Originally posted by CFH1919ETERNAL

isnt tom like a hardcore christian? only satanic dude is kerry i believe.

if you've ever seen the still reigning DVD in "Slayer in their own words" King and Hannamen both say their atheist. i've also read in an interview saying they don't think god exists, therefore neither can satan.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If you're a thrash metal band that sings about hate, brutality and agression, why wouldn't you want to sing about the masters of hate and brutality? Most Nazi sympathizers deny the holocaust, while Slayer recounts it in graphic detail.

In fact, on a site called"jewwatch" (http://www.jewwatch.com/index.htm obviously some sort of hate site, but claims not to be, yeah right) has Kerry King and Jeff H. as "jews in the entertainment industry"

http://www.jewwatch.com/jew-entertainment-folder.html

If they are Nazis than why are they on some sortof white supremist "{censored} list"?

But sorry, talking about 1939-1945 is against the rules, a rock band breaking the rules?! Perish the thought! The PC Policemen.. er I mean "Police persons" would take them away.

• Members
Originally posted by Doody

oops, looks like I was wrong hahahha.

take a look at this pic taken at a german festival this year. These symbols in this combination are definatly not allowed here......

slayer09.jpg

Classic !!!
Jeff dont care what is allowed and what is not allowed.
Just like he dont care what anyone thinks of his guitars.
LOL!

• Members

Originally posted by Cas

if you've ever seen the still reigning DVD in "Slayer in their own words" King and Hannamen both say their atheist. i've also read in an interview saying they don't think god exists, therefore neither can satan.

Jeff is agnostic.

Kerry hates God.

• Members

Originally posted by moronmountain

Nazi symbols were huge in the 80's for metal dudes. I wouldn't read too much into it.

What??? Who, other than Slayer, were into Nazi symbols?

I can tell you that as an American military brat living in Germany in the 80's, we didn't see any of that. In fact, the KISS record albums were changed over there so that the "S" looked like a "Z" to avoid any issues.

• Members

Originally posted by DirtyBird

I think collecting Nazi WWII memorabilia is actually really cool, fascinating stuff. It's preserving history, and WWII and Hitler's misguided brainwashing of the masses are NOT something we want to forget, lest it happen again.

My grandfather collected WWII memorabilia. He got some of it when he was in the war and some after. I wish I had all of the stuff he collected but my mom sold most of it for far less than it was worth. But at the time she was a welfare junkie with an unemployed boyfriend so what do you expect?

• Members

It's all marketing... a niche. How do you think these guys have made a living off this for so long, they're smart business people. It sells and they know it. Look at all the other bands that have failed being 'evil.' Why would you mess with a formula that's successful. I've enjoyed Slayer for years and have never seen it as anything more or less... marketing.

Archived