SOT: what is Hanneman's problem?

Negative K3 fan

• Members

[rant]

I've had enough experience with neo-Nazi baldheaded punks spouting their stupid ignorant drivel that I think Hanneman is a jackass for putting that {censored} on his guitar. I have heard enough of the bull{censored} that these people go around and preach about, it gets old, and the next time I come across a guy "proudly" spouting his new fresh Swastika tattoo, I'm going to beat his baldheaded ass into a pulp. There is nobody I truly despise more than those people. You guys that don't mind it obviously haven't had troubles with these gangs that are all across America. I can guarantee that if you've ever been around those type of people you'll hate the Swat and other Nazi symbols for your OWN reasons, not because of what happened in WWII.

Obviously you can tell that there is a sizeable amount of neo-Nazis around these parts. Some of you probably have never dealt with them, so you're not going to know where I'm coming from.

Hanneman can do whatever the hell he wants with his guitars, I don't care. He probably just put them on there for the shock factor, but he's still a braindead moron like the rest of the Nazi punks.

[/rant]

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by PlayboyChris

Is this really a shock to anyone? Their fan club is called Slatanic Wehrmacht, fer chrissakes ....

Dude I was totally just gonna say the same thing lol. I mean Slayer is all about the devil and all kinds of evil {censored}. Nazi crap seems right up that alley lol.

• Members
Originally posted by PlayboyChris

Is this really a shock to anyone?

No $h!t.

Jeff's been wearing german/nazi stuff for over 20 years.

Originally posted by Cas

to all the whiners bitching about hanneman's personal choice to put something others MIGHT find offensive:

:bor:

LOL!

• Members

Originally posted by moronmountain

Dude I was totally just gonna say the same thing lol. I mean Slayer is all about the devil and all kinds of evil {censored}. Nazi crap seems right up that alley lol.

isnt tom like a hardcore christian? only satanic dude is kerry i believe.

• Members
Originally posted by Doody

I think he is a moron for using such a guitar and I'm glad he isn't allowed to use it on stage here in Germany.

If you are in such a big band you have some kind of resposibility...

The music is cool though
:)

What guitars does he use on stage in germany ?

All his ESP's (which is all that he uses here on stage in the USA) have german looking inlays except for his first ESP with dot inlays which looks like this. He doesnt use his Jackosn or BC Rich guitars on stage anymore so I'm curious what he uses on stage in Germany.

• Members

Originally posted by DannyM

What guitars does he use on stage in germany ?

All his ESP's (which is all that he uses here on stage in the USA) have german looking inlays except for his first ESP with dot inlays which
. He doesnt use his Jackosn or BC Rich guitars on stage anymore so I'm curious what he uses on stage in Germany.

He uses Jackson guitars here in Germany.

• Members
Originally posted by Doody

He uses Jackson guitars here in Germany.

oops, looks like I was wrong hahahha.
take a look at this pic taken at a german festival this year. These symbols in this combination are definatly not allowed here......

slayer09.jpg

.....and so are Suzuki ads at a Slayer show hahahaha.

slayer07.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by Gaindrain

Probably no racist message behind it, but it's in bad taste to say the least.

+1 I don't think he's a racist or a nazi enthuziast, but in my opinion it's disrespectful. Especially to those who don't "know what he means".

• Members

Originally posted by buddy7168

+1 I don't think he's a racist or a nazi enthuziast, but in my opinion it's disrespectful. Especially to those who don't "know what he means".

indeed, he obviously isn t a nazi sympathisant, but its pretty damned tasteless to add symbols like that to your signature guitar, not matter what.

• Members

Originally posted by metalcore

How can you guys know he isn't a Nazi sympathises. Why would anyone who appreciates the extent of the evil that the Nazi's did want the SS symbols on a guitar? Some of you guys are pretty naive.

I painted those symbols on my car. I think they look neat and bring me luck, they also look like windmills. I don't really think anyone will be upset when they see the windmills.

• Members

Originally posted by metalcore

How can you guys know he isn't a Nazi sympathises. Why would anyone who appreciates the extent of the evil that the Nazi's did want the SS symbols on a guitar? Some of you guys are pretty naive.

How can we know?

1) He has a chilean bassist

2) He has a Jewish guitarist

3) His fascination with WWII paraphenelia starts with his father/grandfather

Does this sound like the sort of man who sympathizes with the Nazis? Does the fact that evil existed (and indeed continues to exist) mean that we should rub out that period of history and ignore it?

If you can't take those facts above and assemble a reasonably coherent picture of what Hanneman's angle is, you're the naive one. IMHO.

• Members

I think collecting Nazi WWII memorabilia is actually really cool, fascinating stuff. It's preserving history, and WWII and Hitler's misguided brainwashing of the masses are NOT something we want to forget, lest it happen again.

That said, I think using Nazi symbols to get attention for this kind of purpose is just lame. He can do whatever he wants but it's in bad taste, and it makes him look like a moron. If not a moron, then at least it makes him look like an attention whore... with bad taste.

Archived