Guitar Center SCAM Group Participation

The Boogie Man

• Members

What if, just for fun we do this as a Nation Wide Group Exercise, and see what reaction we can get, then post your experience here.

Go into a local Guitar Center store this Friday tell the salesmen something like "I'm looking to buy a new guitar today", and play every guitar you can, break the B string on at least one and ask the salesman to replace it, "before I deside to buy it". Then leave......... :D

• Members
Originally posted by The Boogie Man

What if, just for fun we do this as a Nation Wide Group Exercise, and see what reaction we can get, then post your experience here.

Go into a local Guitar Center store this Friday tell the salesmen something like "I'm looking to buy a new guitar today", and play every guitar you can, break the B string on at least one and ask the salesman to replace it, "before I deside to buy it". Then leave.........
:D

I can see it now, you sitting there with the guitar, wrestling with the B string with all your strength, veins popping out in your forehead, while the salesman dials 911 because he thinks you're having a seizure or something.

• Members

Folks this was just as a parody to the other CG Scam post, I'm not really asking you to do it. If you do it your own your own!

I think the intent was obvious, but I also think it lacked enough humorous content. Sorry mang... I tried to help, but failed also.

• Members

Originally posted by Bob Savage

I think the intent was obvious, but I also think it lacked enough humorous content. Sorry mang... I tried to help, but failed also.

I liked your vision of the 911 call, since I used to be an EMT, it really tickled my funny bone. I saw a lot of stranger things than that, doing ALS runs.

• Members

I liked your vision of the 911 call, since I used to be an EMT, it really tickled my funny bone. I saw a lot of stranger thing than that, doing ALS runs.

Yeah, that was the best I could come up with at the moment, but when I rolled the tape in my head of somebody struggling with all their might to bust a B string, I was cracking up, and really, as long as I'm laughing at my own material, that's all that matters, right? :D

• Members

Yeah, that was the best I could come up with at the moment, but when I rolled the tape in my head of somebody struggling with all their might to bust a B string, I was cracking up, and really, as long as I'm laughing at my own material, that's all that matters, right?

Smiley face abuser................

Is that the cover art Bob??

• Members

Yeah, that was the best I could come up with at the moment, but when I rolled the tape in my head of somebody struggling with all their might to bust a B string, I was cracking up, and really, as long as I'm laughing at my own material, that's all that matters, right?

:thu:

• Members
Originally posted by ranalli

Actually, this one
:o
is the most difficult to put into context....if you use two of these a month then you are a forum pro IMO.

What is your pet name for that one?

The reason that one is difficult is because nobody seems to understand that it means "embarrassed," and they use it here there and everywhere.

I call that one The HC I Don't Know What I Mean

• Members
Originally posted by ranalli

Actually, this one
:o
is the most difficult to put into context....if you use two of these a month then you are a forum pro IMO.

What is your pet name for that one?

Yeah I struggle to use :o

I much prefer a combination of :freak::evil::wave::confused: and on Thursdays I might even use :bor:

Archived