Somebody please talk me out of buying a D50 ...

akliner

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I always got the impression, after seeing that advert, that JMJ looked rather perplexed, as if he would really rather be somewhere else
:lol:

For the sake of Mr A's wallet I will resist mentioning the beaultiful sound's Mr J extracted from said keyboard ;)

• Members
I'm starting to smell a concensus.

:snax:

All in favor of AK getting a V-Synth XT, raise your octave!

He won't like it ... He will sell it quickly ...

Seriously, though ... Two things to keep in mind ...

The XT emulation DOES NOT sound quite the same to me ... There's a glassiness in the original that's absent in the somewhat more granular emulation on the XT ...

ALSO ... For some insane reason, the joystick function on D50 is disabled -- period -- on XT version ... No external control or touchscreen fading between partials ...

• Members

Remember guys, I'm not a synth guy per-se. Your talk of filters and all that stuff doesn't mean anything to me :lol:

WANT. 6'11" YAMAHA GRAND PIANO.

Sadly, the best I could do is put down a $5K down payment at this point :cry:

• Members

The XT emulation DOES NOT sound quite the same to me ... There's a glassiness in the original that's absent in the somewhat more granular emulation on the XT ...

ALSO ... For some insane reason, the joystick function on D50 is disabled -- period -- on XT version ... No external control or touchscreen fading between partials ...

:lol: You're absolutely right. I couldn't get into either V Synth (1.0 and 2.0) that I tinkered around with @ DC SYNTH FEST 2008.

:idk:

• Members

There is a menu option for it to sound the same. Not heard anyone say they are different after it has been discovered and used, but would welcome such an update if so.

Archived