Your Opinions on "Best DM" dist Pedal?

BAZ_BO

• Members

A buddy of mine plays DM, exclusively and has dug his old Boogie SOB out of the closet. This amp, as is isn't even in the ballpark for DM and he's hoping that there's a pedal that he can slam the front with, that will help him scoop out all that honky mid and at least get him closer.

Cheaper the better. He spends all his $$ on recording equipment, hence having the wrong amp for his type of music ;)

Thx in advance.

• Members

Originally posted by BAZ_BO

A buddy of mine plays DM, exclusively and has dug his old Boogie SOB out of the closet. This amp, as is isn't even in the ballpark for DM and he's hoping that there's a pedal that he can slam the front with, that will help him scoop out all that honky mid and at least get him closer.

You know, The Reverend Jesse Jackson is a huge Death Metal fan, but he doesn't think that scooping the mids is a good idea at all. Besides, if you want to scoop the mids, you'll want an EQ. A distortion pedal won't do that for you, because as its name suggests, it's for distortion, not scooping. You really need some mids in there, as scooped sounds far too thin.

Anyway, The Reverend Jesse Jackson recommends the Line 6 Uber Metal distortion pedal. It is quite a righteous little pedal, and should really do the trick for some ballsy screaming metal tones.

Just don't scoop those mids! :thu:

Guest Anonymous

Originally posted by yabba

this recommendation is probably going to get pissed all over in this forum, but...

I really like the metal zone as a boost

So do I!!!

• Members

Originally posted by ishoulddie

i would say the old Boss HM-2 Heavy Metal pedal. But, only because my favorite death metal guitar tones are that of early Entombed, Dismember, Carnage and Grave, who all used that pedal.

+1

Find an old HM-2. Some great sounds can be had from those ol' buggers. I'm always two seconds away from buying one again, before I manage to talk myself out of it. :o

If one of those can't be found, for some bizarre reason (they're not that uncommon), a properly tweaked MT-2 ain't that bad, as far as pedals go.

Archived