Metal Jam anyone?

DeadNight Warrior

• Members
Originally posted by DeadNight Warrior

HypnoToad - Nice work... that buzz is a bit irritating, but hey what can ya do? I was actually surprised at the tone. Maybe a little too much highs taken out (I assume for the buzz problem), but it sounded nice 'n' thick and heavy.
:)

VIOL8 - {censored} me! That's some low end!
:eek:
Good to hear someone throw a bit of lead playing in there too. Good stuff!
:thu:

YEah.That's courtesy of the Guitar Exciter. I actually have my bass turned down and my mids cranked.And tuning to B helps too. Thanks for the compliment on that, I think.lol

Edit: Finally checked out everyone's tracks and they are awesome! Good job everyone.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by HypnoToad

Thanks. Yeah, I had to cut the highs more then I wanted to. I just hate not being able to blast the amp, it sucks! I can get better tone, although I think it turned out ok considering my situations
:p

What's your settings on your Spider if you don't mind? I'd like to try it out on my Flextone3xl.

• Members

Originally posted by DeadNight Warrior

And the clips:

soc_monki -

indespise -

sukeetoshyoo88 -

HypnoToad -

VIOL8 -

soc_monki- Very cool bro. I liked the thematic feel of the main riff. Nice.

indespise- Holy crap man! That is some deep ass thumping tone. Nice and tight riffage all the way thru.

sukeet- Sounded sweet man. I liked the harmonies in it. Very In Flames'ish. Great job.

Hypno Toad- The whole thing was way low in volume but it sounded {censored}ing killer bro. The walking riff towards the end with the harmonic was sick.

VIOL8- Brutal stuff dude!!! The lead on this one freakin' owned man.

• Members

Originally posted by TU BE

Here's my take.

Hope you guys dig it.

Now to go check out everyone elses take.

that {censored} f'ing owned! the "breakdown" with the Artificial Harmonics was killer.

I'd like to here what you'd come up with the Riverdragon blast beat that you have. check mine out if you get a chance..it's on the fourth page of this thread.

• Members

Originally posted by VIOL8

Thanks. I Was shaking my ass while my wife was spanking it during that part.

Seriously though, im gonna fix the "verse" sectiuon of it to make it better and cleaner.

HEre's another drumtrack that TU BE had posted on his music page that i, uh, borrowed. Ignore the weak attempt for a solo please..

Wow man. That part that starts at 20 seconds is freakin' sick bro!!!

Great job on both of your takes. I would like to hear the guitar a bit higher in the mix though.

• Members

that {censored} f'ing owned! the "breakdown" with the Artificial Harmonics was killer.

I'd like to here what you'd come up with the Riverdragon blast beat that you have. check mine out if you get a chance..it's on the fourth page of this thread.

Thanks man! I had a lot of fun doing this. I wrote it in about 5 minutes and then improvised the solo as an afterthought.

• Members

Originally posted by AlexWade

this might seem retarded.... but i've never figured it out.... how do i load the drumtrack mp3 into the software i use for recording to record along with it? I just use a free version of Kristal recording software.

I'm not familiar with your recording software but Ntracks (which I use) has a "file" icon which allows you to upload a track. It must also be converted to a WAV file for Ntrack as well.

• Members

Alright, I'm not much of a death metal guitarist, but I decided to sack up give this a shot really quickly. Excuse the sloppiness. I purposely tried notto listen to anyone else's tracks to not get infuenced and try to copy things, so here it is..
Death Metal Wannabe (Suck Ass)

That sounds pretty damn nice, very brutal sounding! Love the solo part.

My spider settings are as following:

Spider Settings

Please let me know how it works out for you :).

TU_BE >> Thanks alot man! Just checked your take man, and :eek:. This is fantastic! Killer tone as always, and I love that chaotic Slayer-ish like solo, great job bro :thu:

• Members
Originally posted by HypnoToad

That sounds pretty damn nice, very brutal sounding! Love the solo part.

My spider settings are as following:

Spider Settings

Please let me know how it works out for you
:)

Thanks man. I have an "Insane" patch that looks very similar to what you have pictured here. I currently use the Triple Rect setting with the Marchall v75 cab model and I get a really full sound live. For some reason the the insane setting on my Flex does not lack anything as far as distortion, but lacks in "fullness"?? I know that makes know sense. lol

• Members

Thanks man. I have an "Insane" patch that looks very similar to what you have pictured here. I currently use the Triple Rect setting with the Marchall v75 cab model and I get a really full sound live. For some reason the the insane setting on my Flex does not lack anything as far as distortion, but lacks in "fullness"?? I know that makes know sense. lol

Hehe, yeah I know what you mean, but I don

• Members
Originally posted by TU BE

soc_monki- Very cool bro. I liked the thematic feel of the main riff. Nice.

thanks for the comps...i really like everyone elses, and yours is killer as well (and im getting Viol8's right now...damn dial up!) everyones doing a great job though...:thu:

im also adding a couple leads to mine, i just havent cuz i havent had a guitar in my hands since wednesday of last week! the fiance came and kidnapped me and i was with her till yesterday...so i got a little rustyness to play through, but its not bad...my fingers are loose and ready to fly...i just gotta get something down that im gonna be happy with...it wont be long though, later tonight or early tomorrow i should have another clip up (for download so people can enjoy it...LOL)

anyways, eating dinner, will be working on a lead some more after that! stay tuned ;)

• Members

I REALLY want to take part in this but have no way to record...

I might bring home my Yamaha DG amp actually and try to jerryrig some way of getting it into my computer since it has a speaker simulater option on the line out. I assure everyone, it will sound like {censored} but I will definately try and if its not absolutely horrible, post it.

• Members

Originally posted by Moltar

I REALLY want to take part in this but have no way to record...

I might bring home my Yamaha DG amp actually and try to jerryrig some way of getting it into my computer since it has a speaker simulater option on the line out. I assure everyone, it will sound like {censored} but I will definately try and if its not absolutely horrible, post it.

Dude, hope you can rig something up. Even if you don't like the tone post it up. I enjoy hearing people's playing and riffs on jams like this.

Archived