DAW reccomendation... again

• Members

I am now a very happy REAPER user. It's cheap for individual licence (60$), and the customer support is THE BEST. They like to hear about the bugs and lots of feature requests actually get implemented. New versions abound every 2-3 weeks. It's great!

Can I put trip hop libraries in it?

• Members

My computer can ONLY run MCE OS

What's so special about the computer that precludes it from installing XP Home or Pro?

Isn't there a series of tweaks that can be made to disable the MCE elements from messing with audio and MIDI interfaces? Last I heard, M-Audio (and many other manufacturers) stopped supporting MCE because it's a PITA and a big liability to walk the user through tweaking their system for music.

• Members

Well, if you
really
want to split hairs, he's
still
wrong, 'cos the loops in mediabay come with cubase itself and can be used directly without a plugin.

You don't (or at least shouldn't) buy a DAW for the included samples, as the workflow matters far more than the included goodies, and the libraries in there are often limited, generic, and overused by everyone else.

• Members

You don't (or at least shouldn't) buy a DAW for the included samples, as the workflow matters far more than the included goodies, and the libraries in there are often limited, generic, and overused by everyone else.

Completely agree, and if you'd said that in response to his original "Do any of these have drums in them?" instead of saying "DAWs don't come with drums", I wouldn't have felt the need to post a correction :)

• Members

My computer can ONLY run MCE OS, yes I know it's stupid but

I have made many calls to dell, and that's the only thing that works on my computer

As of now, I refuse to buy anything from Dell

Your dell computer can run plenty of operating systems. Maybe its a rule for dell employees to tell you that.

I've installed ubuntu, xp pro, and vista basic on several dell machines.

If you don't want to use your primary hard drive, just buy a cheap external usb hard drive to install whatever you want.

• Members

I have made many calls to dell, and that's the only thing that works on my computer

What that really means is they don't support anything other than Media Center on the PC because that how you bought it. I bet the PC runs XP just fine.

Regardless I would never ever buy a pc built by someone else, that was your families first mistake.

Archived