Look what I just built and it sounds great!

Celestion101

• Members

Thanks guys. I will give credit where credit is due.....My dad is a chopper builder from the old days and way better with a wrench than me (that's why Im in the music business!!), so we shared the duties (he's building a sweet looking old school bike as well). We both put a lot of time into it. It started life as a funky looking 70's style custom. I took it all the way down to nothing, powder coated the frame, painted the new tank, fender etc. Changed the pipes, manufactured the brackets, seat mounts, and so on. Basically a lot of home built stuff to make it right. That said, I feel better about the true custom aspect of it versus buying a new Harley, using bolt on parts, and then calling it custom. I have nothing again that, but this is more personal to me. The engine is a S&S EVO. Strictly an old school bike except for the chrome, belt drive, and standard shifter (vs. suicide shifter). It rides like hell just like it's supposed too!!:D:cool:

• Members

That looks great! Rake you can handle with, and a back tire that'll let you... doesn't get much better than this. :thu:

Good choice on the color too. I'm sick of flat-black bikes. I'm gonna paint my cafe racer Hammerite bronze frame w/deep red tinwork. When I can get to it, that is.

• Members
Originally posted by Celestion101

Thanks guys. I will give credit where credit is due.....My dad is a chopper builder from the old days and way better with a wrench than me (that's why Im in the music business!!), so we shared the duties (he's building a sweet looking old school bike as well). We both put a lot of time into it. It started life as a funky looking 70's style custom. I took it all the way down to nothing, powder coated the frame, painted the new tank, fender etc. Changed the pipes, manufactured the brackets, seat mounts, and so on. Basically a lot of home built stuff to make it right. That said, I feel better about the true custom aspect of it versus buying a new Harley, using bolt on parts, and then calling it custom. I have nothing again that, but this is more personal to me. The engine is a S&S EVO. Strictly an old school bike except for the chrome, belt drive, and standard shifter (vs. suicide shifter). It rides like hell just like it's supposed too!!
:D:cool:

That's an awesome bike, and an awesome thing to have for a memory of your Dad.

• Members
Originally posted by Japetus

I think it looks so sweet...my life's dream is to take a bike and take a sweet west coast road trip...especially around this time in STL..the winter.

Real cool man, especially since you worked with your dad!!!

Yep, it's still riding weather here!:thu:

Let me know if you ever make it out this way.

• Members

Originally posted by shredhead666

Very cool! I don't know if I'm fond of the handlebars or not, but that bike looks like quite a unique one!

Thanks. I was running 16" apes and it was crazy to drive. I may try drag bars if I can get the right risers. Either way is cool as long as it maintains the old school look.

• Members
Originally posted by Celestion101

Thanks. I was running 16" apes and it was crazy to drive. I may try drag bars if I can get the right risers. Either way is cool as long as it maintains the old school look.

The weird thing is, I don't mind ape hangers if they're REAL high, but it's that sort of in-between height that I'm not sure I like. With me they've either gotta be like Joey Kramer's Crash Cymbals or inches from the fuel tank. :)

Joey_Kramer.jpg

Archived