Whats wrong with this amp?

MattACaster

• Members

This is probably completely wrong and off base and it's probably something different, but maybe someone messed with the distortion trimmer (which is likely inside the amp) thats on this schematic?
http://www.rru.com/~meo/Guitar/Amps/Lab/Images/Lab_Series_L5_L7_L9_L11_scheme.jpeg
Just a guess, could be a million other things. I'm not well-versed in solid state amps.

• Members

Originally posted by blargh

This is probably completely wrong and off base and it's probably something different, but maybe someone messed with the distortion trimmer (which is likely inside the amp) thats on this schematic?

Just a guess, could be a million other things. I'm not well-versed in solid state amps.

Thanks for the info. I really like these amps and I'm trying to figure out if it would be a cheap fix and thus make this amp a total steal.

• Members

Originally posted by MattACaster

Thanks for the info. I really like these amps and I'm trying to figure out if it would be a cheap fix and thus make this amp a total steal.

Hmm... I'm thinking there's a good chance most music stores would have the means to get advice on what type of problem that could be and whether it's worth it to fix the amp or not. I'd give advice but am even more unversed in ss amps than I am tube. If they have a transformer, maybe it's starting to go out~? Really bad guess, likely.

Anyway, it's possible the store checked on repairing it and discovered it's not worth the cost and decided to sell it for parts/speakers. Since you like those amps, hopefully I'm wrong. Consider this a bump~!

^

• Members

Originally posted by rushtallica

Hmm... I'm thinking there's a good chance most music stores would have the means to get advice on what type of problem that could be and whether it's worth it to fix the amp or not. I'd give advice but am even more unversed in ss amps than I am tube. If they have a transformer, maybe it's starting to go out~? Really bad guess, likely.

Anyway, it's possible the store checked on repairing it and discovered it's not worth the cost and decided to sell it for parts/speakers. Since you like those amps, hopefully I'm wrong. Consider this a bump~!

^

Well the store in questions is a Music Go Round so I doubt they tried to fix it or even looked into it. I'm not sure what to do. I'd like to have the amp but I don't know...

Archived