Best Martial Arts Form?

jcourtjr

• Members

Originally posted by joeinkc2

yep, i loved watching him before the religion. very entertaining. fav rampage quote steven quatros interviewing him before a fight....

S

By the way, a little MMA related rock history. Stephen Quatros played drums in an L.A. band that was actually quite popular in the late 70's/early 80's named Snow. Carlos Cavazo and his brother were also in the band.

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by STEEL KAGE

Now theres a guy that I truly hate. Id give almost anything to be back in the prime of my life and in the ring with him...

Kage

you'd have been willing to get into a ring with Wandy? damn, you're hardcore!

• Members

Originally posted by ClamBoy

I used to watch a lot of early UFC stuff but haven't seen any of the Pride stuff. What DVDs would you guys recommend for some of the better fights?

The Best Buy store near me carries some of the fairly newer stuff as well as a set of the 1st ~5 discs. I just bought home the Pride FC Shockwave 2004 disc last night that has Fedor against Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira and even has that olympic gold medal wrestler Rulon Gardner vs. the olumpic gold medal judo guy, Hidehiko Yoshida. And the Cro Cop guy and Kevin Randleman, though that one's a quick one.

• Members
Originally posted by joeinkc2

Yeah i train a little bit, been here a long time, not anywhere near witchita though. Rampage found god before his first fight with silva.

He said he found god the night after fighting Arona. He had some dream about it and it freaked him out. I read that in an interview.

• Members
Originally posted by rushtallica

The Best Buy store near me carries some of the fairly newer stuff as well as a set of the 1st ~5 discs. I just bought home the Pride FC Shockwave 2004 disc last night that has Fedor against Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira and even has that olympic gold medal wrestler Rulon Gardner vs. the olumpic gold medal judo guy, Hidehiko Yoshida. And the Cro Cop guy and Kevin Randleman, though that one's a quick one.

My wife might file for divorce if she caught me buying fightin' vids.....although she is getting better.

The other night she wanted to know what I'd done to her when she started unwittingly commenting on an arm-bar and someones ground game on SpikeTV UFC Unleashed....

My wife rules :D

• Members

This is the most interesting thing to happen in the UFC for a long time. I hope it comes off.

http://www.ufc.tv/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=2098

01/17/2006
Royce Gracie Returns in May to Face Matt Hughes
By Thomas Gerbasi

LAS VEGAS, January 16 - No one who ever saw it will ever forget the first Ultimate Fighting Championship in 1993, when a skinny young man from Brazil shocked the sports world with a mix of amazing jiu-jitsu and a warrior

• 2 months later...
  • Members
Originally posted by proudmore

Here's your death touch in a real street fight.
:D
http://www.thatvideosite.com/view/606.html

Sorry if someone posted this before, I didn't really read the whole thread.
:p

Holy zombie back-from-the-dead thread batman!

PS--I wouldn't so much call that a "death touch" as I would call it a "backhand that mofo in the face" touch. If know you're gonna get into a fight, always throw the first punch...

• Members
Originally posted by Osmosis

PS--I wouldn't so much call that a "death touch" as I would call it a "backhand that mofo in the face" touch. If know you're gonna get into a fight, always throw the first punch...

Yes, I call that cracking a pimp in the face with his hands down.

• Members

I suggest Mikado. You need a lot of concentration to do it and it's good for selfdefence also (you can use it to pierce one's eye :D). And you need a lot of stamina but at the same time relaxation to be successful.
No, jokes aside, if you want to do something for your body and, at the same time, be able to defend yourself, go to a boxing gym. Martial Arts are commonly too artificial in what they deliver. Either you train your body but have no idea how to defend yourself in a realistic way. Or you learn a bunch of streetfigthing tricks without really being trained physically, or the tricks you've learned are so "out of space" that they could only work in very special situations but not in general. Somebody mentioned wing chun, that would be an example for the latter. That art has become something like a Walmart-art :D. Sold without any quality.

• Members
Originally posted by Osmosis

It's actually called "longarm"...
A hell of alot more powerful than any punch can be...:D

Archived