OT: Holy crap, the real video is even funnier

typedeaF

• Members
Originally posted by code_blue

Are you a hack under the illusion that you are technically superior?

Do you walk around thinking that EVH's clown pants were almost cool?

Its funny to see a fan of tacky 80's metal bash a modern band in a cocky way. Its ironic as {censored}.

I suck.

Ed's pants sucked. :(

I dont bash any bands you like, and if I did I would always add IN MY OPINION. I like a few and I dont like 99% of "extreme" metal. It's my opinion. I dont bash you for liking it.

And by the way, your problems with my avatar are just that, yours. Do you get warm in the Hanes after seeing it or something and feel the need to lash out?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by ranalli

As much as I think this band stinks you're comparing to guitar players to a band.

When was the last time Jeff Beck or or Satch ever wrote a song that anybody besides a few guitar players gave a {censored} about....how about almost never.

Those guys are good don't get me wrong....great guitar players. But comparing songwriting vs guitar playing(which many do on this forum...just look at the U2 bashers) is apples/oranges.

I don't care if this band jumps around or not...at least they're doing something. Simple parts on guitar....thats fine...plenty of simple great guitar players IMO. Crappy lyrics...sure...they're in any decade.

My biggest gripe is that they DICKED OUT ON THE BACKGROUND VOCALS. If you have background vocals on your album....{censored}ing sing them live....you're audience/fans deserve it.

I cant see any of these jokers being asked to be taken serious...

because there not players...there lousy. I am so glad I lived thru era's where you "actually" had to learn how to play your intstrument...not like now..

• Members

Originally posted by blargh

This has nothing to do with musical elitism, that band is just {censored}! What are these clowns doing that's interesting or original? What are they doing that Blink 182 didn't do 5 years ago?

It may not be about musical elitism, but its funny how some people have the balls to bash anything considering what they themselves like.

I dont think this band is trying to be original, I think they are just trying to play what they think is good music.

Any type of music can be viewed as pathetic in some way, I dont see why that is so hard to understand for so many people.

• Members

Also - you think I dont think death metal bands have talent?

Those guitar players amaze me every time I see them. They are almost flawless in their execution of ridiculously technical passages that I probably couldn't nail without months of practice. Do I like what they do with their talent? Not really. But I recognize it.

• Members

I have seen several others comment on how gay and feminine "Ed" looks in that picture.

Its widely known your avatar is gay.

That comment was a joke, but what if I'm gay? I mean, maybe I find Ed real sexy in that pic and thats why I chose it? Would be no different from the half dozen forumites here who have a chick with huge tits in their avatars.

Why are you so offended by gay and feminine?

I'm not gay, but it really doesnt matter what anyone else's opinion of it is, "widely known" or not. I think it's a great shot.

• Members

It may not be about musical elitism, but its funny how some people have the balls to bash anything considering what they themselves like.

I dont think this band is trying to be original, I think they are just trying to play what they think is good music.

Any type of music can be viewed as pathetic in some way, I dont see why that is so hard to understand for so many people.

I also like Blink-182. :idea:

• Members

this song/band/genre fukking sukks! i'll say it, no fukking apologies! i fukkin' hate it. there's too many people out there that are too chikken {censored} to admit that they actually hate anything...fukk all that {censored}. does this make me an angry person? not really...i'm actually happy most of the time. hate and anger are not the same thing.
i don't give a fukk about fact or opinion...say what you wanna say when you wanna say it. who gives a fukk it's an open forum right? it is funny tho how {censored} degenerates real quikk, when someone starts losing a debate.:D good reading.:thu:

Archived